NOOB Q's : What wires for Amps, Electronic Crossover, Speakers Installations.

Participant count
  • Participant list

zmcqdv
10+ year member

Malaysia
Hi there,

I just got myself some old ICE stuffs from my fren lately which he was throwing it away.

1. Amp Directed 250 - 2 Channel

2. Amp Lanzar Vibe210 - 2 Channel

3. Electronic Crossover Lanzar X2 Opticore

4. Front Component speakers MA Audio WC160 model (old speakers), without Passive Crossover.

5. Rear speakers MA Audio 6x9 (was used for Bass only)

Questions:

I would like to have the rear Speakers used for Bass only if possible.

My current HU is Blaupunkt MP46 with Both Front set & Rear set Output RCAs.

1. What's the use of Electronic Crossover?

It has 1set of L & R Channel input, 1set of high pass L & R output, 1set of low pass L & R output.

How do I use this with 2 amps and speakers?

How many RCAs do I need to get it setup?

I have done the Big 3.

Thanks.

If you have good 6x9's as well as components, they should produce a good amount of mid bass anyhow but by you having a full range rear stage (or rear speaker set up) It will pull the sound back and create a fuller sound. If you truly want rear speakers for just bass, I would suggest going with a 6 inch woofer. I know jl makes one... I am not that familiar with electronic crossovers but i am assuming that it will basically seperate the frequencies in which your speakers will reproduce sound from your cd's. Long story short, high pass and low pass are settings to determine of your driving a woofer or mids and highs. it will make the mids and highs only produce those sounds and will make the woofers only produce lower notes or bass. So you wont get words and cymbols coming out of your subs. If you dont have a sub, I am assuming you will use one amp for your front speakers and one amp for your rears? You will need two sets of RCA's. I personally would run an amp on my front speakers, run my 6x9's off of the radio and use the second amp to power one sub. I am no expert so if anyone has more input please chime in and correct me if i am wrong about any of this

I personally would run an amp on my front speakers, run my 6x9's off of the radio and use the second amp to power one sub. I am no expert so if anyone has more input please chime in and correct me if i am wrong about any of this
x2

Using the 6x9s as woofers will probably damage them. The high pass of the xover goes into one amp, then you'd prob need a passive xover for the comps (not 100% sure on this one)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.