Big Box +4 door Civic?????

Participant count
  • Participants list

Wkbdkid
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
San Diego
Im going to be building a box for someone local an he has a 92 4 door civic. The dimensions are 35x16x20(w x h x l) an was wondering if anyone has put a box that big in one an was able to fit it through the trunk opening? Thanks

Im going to be building a box for someone local an he has a 92 4 door civic. The dimensions are 35x16x20(w x h x l) an was wondering if anyone has put a box that big in one an was able to fit it through the trunk opening? Thanks
my last car was bigger box in the trunk. i actually built the box in the trunk. it sounds awesome with such a huge box , i think mine was bigger, only thing was mine was a 2 door,

you may have most of your problems with the height...my box isnt that tall but is longer than that and it is pretty close (im guessing my saturn and a civic would have comparable trunks)...make a single panel thats 35"x16" and see if you can hold it straight out like youd be putting in the enclosure and see if it fits..

well i talked with the guy an he said he had a big ass box in there before, so he gave me the go ahead to make it. If it doesnt fit we'll try going through the backseat opening.

I dont think 16" would fit through there either unless you take out the plastic trim pieces and bend up some metal. heres how i did mine.

the key is the height. If you can do 12's go with a box with a height of 14.5" and length of 32", the depth is up to you. I have a never civic and its a pain because of how the trunk lid bars come in, but if you can get the box in and between those you're golden

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.