Box Build for matador_de_sa

the727kid
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
St. Pete, FL
Build is for 2 10" Kicker CVXs. Box is 3 cubes with 42.5" of port tuned to 34hz. Box will be carpeted and painted port.

Once again... 16x48 sheets FTMFW

IMG_1307.jpg

All cut

IMG_1308.jpg

Sides Up

IMG_1309.jpg

Best Technique IMO to carpet

IMG_1310.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

Front On

IMG_1312.jpg

I left off here, will finish it tommorow hopefully.

looks good

and btw in your sig you put sundwon, not sundown //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

looks good....i see a little fisher carpeting type action going on there. Just need to perfect that bottom seam
Yea I'm still trying to figure out how to perfect that. I know the technique, it just never comes out 100%.

i glue the seam down to the bottom when i first start the carpeting process....then when i get the second seam all the way around the box, i overlap the 2 seams. Using a straight edge, i cut through both layers, then peel up the thin strip that was was glued down, spray on some more glue and the seams line up perfect from there. I don't even touch the sides until that bottom seam is 100% perfect

i imagine it was either a rabbitting bit or a straight cut bit in a router
Good guess....

But it really only works well with a router table, which I don't have.... So I lower the blade on the table saw to about 1/8th" and then I set the guide to an 1/8" and use that, works much better than the router.

Looking good, very nice build and good job on the carpet.

Where did you buy the carpet from? and what did you use to glue it down?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.