Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Lacking A Lot

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Pathetic

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

jdc0589
10+ year member

First post on these forums. My home forum (supraforums) doesnt have an active enough audio section. I put together what I think is a pretty nice system last winter, and I want some feedback!

I am a lot more concerned with overall quality and tonal response than having a ridiculous amount of bass, etc...Also, the way the interior of the mkiv supra is layed out there really isn't a need for a rear stage, but ill probly add something for a little bit of fill later on. So here it is:

Components:

-Head Unit: Kenwood Excelon Kdc-x991

-Front Stage: Focal 165VR

-Front Stage Amp: Focal FP 2.75

-Sub Enclosure- Wickas C.A.S. (Nazar) single 10in box

-Sub: JL Audio 10W3V3-4 (4ohm)

-Sub Amp: Alpine PDX 1.600

-Speaker Wiring: Monster Cable Hotwires 2

-RCA's: Some Monster Cable product

-Wire Termination: Monster Cable Quick Lock Connectors

Sound Dampening: Fatmat and felt

Hatch/Sub Area:

Started work back here. Did a ton of cleaning, about three layers of fatmat, 2-3layers of felt, and 1 layer of cheap temporary carpet (it gets covered up anyway)

IMG_0790.jpg

1-1.jpg

First layers of felt, which was a ton of smaller pieces. The final layer covers the entire hatch area with 3-4 big pieces

8.jpg

What the rest of the top felt layer looks like:

6.jpg

Cheap autozone carpet. It gets covered up by the spare and alayer of carpet above that though.

11.jpg

Crappy pic of the box. The whole box is REALLY thick fiberglass with a layer of bondo on top. I love this thing:

IMG_0868.jpg

Front Stage:

I absolutely love these speakers. They replaced the popular 165V2's. The midbass is much improved, but unfortunately the tweeters are inferior //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif :

Finally perfected the bracket:

9-1.jpg

12.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

Grills are on now. Ill get newer pics up soon:

IMG_0815.jpg

Before anyone says ****...the fake burl wood overlay is coming off as we speak (already did the shifter piece)...it came on the car, lol. I'm repainting the dash satin black.

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

Rear Seat Delete/Amp Rack:

This still needs some work and professionally molded carpet, but I ran out of time.

The 3 REALLY ugly in progress pics, lol:

IMG_0871.jpg

1-2.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

And the Semi-Finished Pics

IMG_1062.jpg

So, what do you think?

subscribed.

and id like to see engine/exterior pics as well. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

1. Welcome to the site ..2. Seems to be a Nice install

3. Supra FTW
Thanks a bunch.

subscribed.

and id like to see engine/exterior pics as well. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Ill get some up soon. Thanks!

Deff. nice car, I hope you didn't put a folgers can on it, and if I was your dad I would be kick'n your azz for dooring my porsche
Thanks for the compliment. Its a full 3in exhaust combo from the exhaust housing to the muffler. As for a ' folgers can', I think you will like it. Pics coming soon.

The door isnt touching the porsche, lol, much farther away than it looks. Im more of a freak about my car than my dad is about his, so no chance of me giving someone else a door ding for fear of chipping my own paint.

I hate you. (jk)

You have my dream car.

TT? Single?

6speed stick?

And is that a veddy nice Porsche on the side?

Oh, BTW, nice install. How do you like those focals? Thinkin of getting that or some CDT's.

I hate you. (jk)
You have my dream car.

TT? Single?

6speed stick?

And is that a veddy nice Porsche on the side?

Oh, BTW, nice install. How do you like those focals? Thinkin of getting that or some CDT's.
OE twins. The turbos only have about 30k miles, so I wont be going single till they die (even then it will be a small single, 450hp at the wheels or so).

Its an auto, which at first I thought was going to ****; but, I love it now. I can drive a manual just fine, but its **** hard to find ANY supra around where I live, so I couldnt be too picky.

Love the 165VR's. If I had an extra $200 or so when I bought everything, I would have gone with the 165K2P's for a little bit more mid-bass and a better tweeter, but the 165VR's are really nice. I never hear much about CDT.

Here are a few exterior pics. These are old; AKA: before I learned how to use the digital camera, so the colors are off:

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

Crappy Pic of Exhaust, getting dark outside:

IMG_1077.jpg

Very fine car!

I love that car all stock no need for body kits and all that crap.

The only thing look wise I would do is put a nice set of black 18's with a huge polished lip.

But none the less you have a beautiful car. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...