How does this box look for an 18" Fi Q?

Pickler
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Las Vegas
6530.jpg

It is 6.5 cufeet internally tuned to 30hz with 111 inches of port area. What is your guys thoughts on it? to much/to little port area? not enough room inside the box? just post what you think on it.

I would do a double baffle for an 18, and that would eliminate some of the bracing you have in there. Also a little on the big side port wise. I've built boxes for several Q's and have always done 12^2 per cube...

Whats that design maker called? i need to make a design
I drew it up for him. If you need one, you can PM me.

If you want to make one yourself, then there is a sticky at the top of this section. There is no program that does it. The RE Calc is used by some, but is inaccurate.

I would do a double baffle for an 18, and that would eliminate some of the bracing you have in there. Also a little on the big side port wise. I've built boxes for several Q's and have always done 12^2 per cube...
I figured with it being an 18" Fi Q, that it would need more port area, but I don't have any experience with them.

Only 12sqin per ft^3?

He is wanting to get more net volume anyways, so we will probably change the design a bit. Smaller port, more airspace.

I figured with it being an 18" Fi Q, that it would need more port area, but I don't have any experience with them.Only 12sqin per ft^3?

He is wanting to get more net volume anyways, so we will probably change the design a bit. Smaller port, more airspace.
Well whats the program that i can draw it out?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.