Echo42987

Acura CL Type-S Update! TONS OF PICS!!!

Well I changed up a few things in the system and figured I would put together a build log for it. So lets start with the pics shall we!

Let's start with some of the equipment.

P3050117.jpg

P3050116.jpg

P3050115.jpg

P3050114.jpg

P3050081.jpg

P3050084.jpg

P3050101.jpg

P3050102.jpg

P3050130.jpg

P3050129.jpg

ObamaGod.jpg

P3050124.jpg

P3050125.jpg

This was how I had them installed the first time so I re-did it with some more Fatmat and re-did the MDF rings.

CIMG0402.jpg

CIMG0403.jpg

CIMG0404.jpg

CIMG0405.jpg

CIMG0406.jpg

CIMG0407.jpg

ObamaGod.jpg

Here's some pics of the MDF rings updated I guess you could say...

CIMG0419.jpg

CIMG0408.jpg

CIMG0409.jpg

CIMG0421.jpg

Then the other door...

CIMG0412.jpg

CIMG0413.jpg

CIMG0414.jpg

CIMG0420.jpg

CIMG0422.jpg

CIMG0423.jpg

ObamaGod.jpg

The I bought some baffles for the speakers because they kept gettin' pretty wet so I'm hopin' this will help out a bit...

CIMG0424.jpg

CIMG0425.jpg

CIMG0426.jpg

CIMG0427.jpg

CIMG0428.jpg

CIMG0429.jpg

CIMG0430.jpg

ObamaGod.jpg

Then I got my new Kinetic battery...Thing is tiny!

CIMG0415.jpg

CIMG0416.jpg

CIMG0417.jpg

CIMG0418.jpg

I decided to do another layer of fatmat in the trunk. I had a layer of the dynamat extreme in there so I put some fatmat over that as well.

CIMG0382.jpg

CIMG0383.jpg

CIMG0384.jpg

CIMG0385.jpg

CIMG0391.jpg

CIMG0395.jpg

ObamaGod.jpg

Looking really good. Honda/acura doors are the worst about allowing water in them. That is one thing that i hate about them. I did an 07 accord last week that had water dripping inside the doors, and it hadn't even rained in a couple of days.

CIMG0396.jpg

CIMG0397.jpg

CIMG0393.jpg

CIMG0401.jpg

CIMG0394.jpg

My rear speakers with the MDF Baffle I made for them...

CIMG0399.jpg

CIMG0400.jpg

ObamaGod.jpg

Here's a couple pics of the engine as well. Have a CAI, XS Power Headers, Unorthodox Crank Pulley, Optima, and a couple other upgrades!

CIMG0386.jpg

CIMG0387.jpg

CIMG0388.jpg

CIMG0389.jpg

Then the junk pile of stuff from the car!

CIMG0390.jpg

CIMG0410.jpg

CIMG0411.jpg

ObamaGod.jpg

I use to have the old Cap5 in the side panel of the rear door but out w/ the old and in w/ the new!

CIMG0435.jpg

CIMG0436.jpg

CIMG0437.jpg

CIMG0441.jpg

CIMG0442.jpg

The very sloppy work area!

CIMG0438.jpg

CIMG0439.jpg

CIMG0440.jpg

ObamaGod.jpg

Now for the best part! The BJ Customs Box! This thing is beautiful guys. I've never seen a box look so PERFECT to be honest! Tons of props to BJ for making me this box and handling everything in an extremely timely fashion! Has to be one of the best people to work with on this forum. Keeps you updated, sends you pics, etc.! If you saw the other work thread here is a link to him buildling my box....http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=316302

CIMG0472.jpg

CIMG0473.jpg

CIMG0474.jpg

CIMG0475.jpg

CIMG0476.jpg

CIMG0477.jpg

CIMG0478.jpg

CIMG0479.jpg

CIMG0480.jpg

ObamaGod.jpg

Now it's time for the subs! Which I also got through BJ!

CIMG0481.jpg

CIMG0482.jpg

CIMG0484.jpg

CIMG0486.jpg

CIMG0487.jpg

CIMG0488.jpg

CIMG0489.jpg

CIMG0499.jpg

CIMG0498.jpg

ObamaGod.jpg

Reminds me of my '01 Accord. Looking great. Never thought of doing a foam like enclosure for the front speakers. Notice a difference? i'd also recommended doing an open cell foam between the door panel and the door itself, makes a difference and reduces rattle. What year is your CL-S?

Shyne Fitment Consulting, LLP. ...... More ass than class.

Reminds me of my '01 Accord. Looking great. Never thought of doing a foam like enclosure for the front speakers. Notice a difference? i'd also recommended doing an open cell foam between the door panel and the door itself, makes a difference and reduces rattle. What year is your CL-S?

2002 CL-S. I saw your build log and saw that you got into an accident. Whats going on with that, that really sucks bro! I haven't powered them up yet to see how they sound. I cut a small crack in the back of them to let some air flow through. I'll most definetly do that for the doors though!

-Nick-

ObamaGod.jpg

Did you use fatmat on the outer skin of the doors?

I just want 2 subs that will rattle my eyeballs and soothe my ears at the same time. The type rs did that but didn't last.

Everyone here hates on audiobahn. They are a good company, but everyone here has rich daddies and can buy whatever they want. My friend blew out his back window of his F-150 with two Audiobahn Alum12s (2000 watt max each). Go with the bahn. **** you haters.

24 nuts holding each rim in, what other info can i give lol

Well thats all I have for now as I'm still working on the car. Unfortunetly, I had to take my car into the Acura Dealership today.....For some reason my engine light came on and the car doesn't do so well when it's idleing.

But I did just finish installing the AVIC which as soon as I get it back tom. I'll post some pics. It's a gorgeous unit!

-Nick-

ObamaGod.jpg

Did you use fatmat on the outer skin of the doors?

Yeah I did.

-Nick-

ObamaGod.jpg

Car looks like it may be totaled. Body shop took a quick look and saw that the firewall has been damaged. I'll get more info tomorrow when they do a full inspection. Your doors and the back seat frame reminded me of a 98-02 CL, I had a feeling it was somewhere there, lol. Does your trunk has a plastic piece or something on trunk lid located on the bottom center (where the lump is in the pic below)?

IMG_1710.jpg

Shyne Fitment Consulting, LLP. ...... More ass than class.

Car looks like it may be totaled. Body shop took a quick look and saw that the firewall has been damaged. I'll get more info tomorrow when they do a full inspection. Your doors and the back seat frame reminded me of a 98-02 CL, I had a feeling it was somewhere there, lol. Does your trunk has a plastic piece or something on trunk lid located on the bottom center (where the lump is in the pic below)?

IMG_1710.jpg

Yeah a plastic release hatch? Is that what your talking about? My trunk barely opens with the single layer of Dynamat on there or else I would've done more on it.

-Nick-

ObamaGod.jpg

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now