How to Hook up a Seperate Battery for system?

Donks
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
CO, Ohio
i have a spare car battery. do i hook it up like the regular car battery just the postitive to postitive and leave the battery ground blank.

how do i hook it up and will it hit harder since the system has its own battery?

both batteries have to be grounded. if the front battery is grounded to the frame (which it is). then ground the second battery to either the frame or run a new negative wire between the batteries.

both batteries have to be grounded. if the front battery is grounded to the frame (which it is). then ground the second battery to either the frame or run a new negative wire between the batteries.

so do i take the 4 gauge off the car battery and hook it straight to the spare battery? wont that just drain it?

You do realize if it is a regular wet cell battery that it will produce toxic fumes when charging, correct?
i guess idk i got the battery from autozone its a big car battery it came out my caprice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.