2007 Honda Civic Si Custom Box Help

BlueSi4
10+ year member

I've been looking to build a custom box for my Si Sedan for a few weeks now. I thought I had it all figured out until yesterday i spoke to a few people that have some knowledge of the whole car audio box building. I thought I could build a box any way i wanted and as big as i wanted and it would work, but yesterday i was hit with reality (**** noob lol).

So now i come here for some help and guidance. I currently have 2 10" Alpine Type-E with a standard, cheap box that i got at best buy. Now this summer i'm planning on building my own custom box that will host the 2 subs (not sure if i want to stick with the 10" or go for 12" type-r subs), 2 amps, 2 capacitors and 2-6.5 speakers.

I want the box to take about 1/2 the space available in the trunk. My plan is to mount the subs on the sides, with the amps and capacitors in the middle, and not sure about where i would mount the 2 6.5 speakers. I'm waiting for the car to come back from the shop so i can measure the size of the trunk and the available space i have. I'm planning on building the box mostly out of MDF and finish it up with fiberglass.

So guys, any help you can provide me, that would be awesome!

I thought I could build a box any way i wanted and as big as i wanted and it would work, but yesterday i was hit with reality (**** noob lol).
after reading this quote, i dont think you should build your own box.

after reading this quote, i dont think you should build your own box.
Well that's why i signed up, so i could learn everything that i could about building my own box. The problem i have is that the boxes i've seen around, i don't like them, they are either too small or i don't like the way they look. I've been reading up a lot on fiberglassing and threads on custom builds, so before i attempt anything i'm doing a lot of research.

If anyone has any positive comments or help that they can offer, it would be appreciated!

Yes, the world famous 3rd gear grind. I experience it pretty much in cold starts, and they actually have a recall for a few Honda/Acura models to replace 3rd gear so the problem goes away.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif Seriously? Do you have a link because I heard they wouldn't honor it.

Yes, i believe it's only 2005+ on certain models, 2006+ on the rest if i'm not mistaken. But it's pretty much up to the dealer to decide if they want to do it or not.

Now back to helping me build the box haha

as for your box assuming your trunk is close to a 95 civic like mine for 2 10's id go maybe 4.3 cubes which would be 12 high by 30 wide by 21 deep and 42 sq inches of port so 10.5 x 4 and the port needs to be 13 inches deep and that will tune the box to 36 hz and do subs/port back to the trunk lid and you should be happy

as for your box assuming your trunk is close to a 95 civic like mine for 2 10's id go maybe 4.3 cubes which would be 12 high by 30 wide by 21 deep and 42 sq inches of port so 10.5 x 4 and the port needs to be 13 inches deep and that will tune the box to 36 hz and do subs/port back to the trunk lid and you should be happy
Wow nice, thank you! I believe the trunk on my Civic though is a bit bigger, especially since it's a sedan. I will measure the trunk tonight.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.