jax, fl audio addiction STAY AWAY

mrjoeyjiffy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
so after 5 months of research and buying ****, i got it all installed yesterday. they told me they would set the gains and all that stuff and for some reason i didnt go back and check it myself to make sure they had set them correctly, today i have a dead hifonics bxi2006d

I looked over quite a few things like them drinking smoking pot and being 7 hours late with my install but just so you know how much they really **** here is a brief list of what they ****ed up:

The speaker box is so terribly carpeted they offered me to come back and get it re carpeted before i even complain about it.

They lost the speaker terminal cup i bought and replaced it with one of their with one of the nuts missing and hooked it up anyway.

My head unit has 5v preouts, he had the adjustments on the mono amp as follows:

.2v GAIN!!!

subsonic not even set(at the minimum 15 hz) even though i told them numerous times the box was tuned to about 29 hz

low pass filter turned to 150 hz instead of the obvious 80 hz.

They didnt have bigger than a 100 amp fuse and assumed it would be fine even though i knew for a fact this wouldnt be sufficient with 1500ish rms running through it, and had to actually pay one of the workers to go down to sound advice and get a 200 amp fuse.

and that doesnt include their numerous laziness in the overall install, which i can look over. The owner is offering nothing and just says that "its a cheap amp" these guys truly have no idea what they are talking about and should be shut down, hell the ****ing owner didnt even know who RE was.

How can you tell the amp is dead? is it not powering on, or is it popping the internal fuses? Who did you have diagnose the amp. If you want you can PM me and i can take a look at it. I saw another install they did recently and it was a lot of some similar complaints. I won't go into detail, but the customer was complaining to me, i didn't say anything negative about them.

this statement has been beaten to death on here but, you spent so much time doing research and buying, why not take a little more time and do it yourself?

so what makes you think its blown? does it not power on? power on but no output? and a 200a inline fuse is to big. its possbile you could have blown the amp fuses since the inline fuse is too big, ive done that once and blew every fuse on the amp

yes it powers on but no output, i tried switching the rca cables using rcas piggy backed from another amp and a lot of other things, it is sitting beside my here with the cover off and it looks like one of the little resistors is melted but i am not certain, in the mean time ive replaced the amp with some earthquake 5000 that seems to slam.

every time I have went to that place they couldnt tell me how much stuff was, they were always drinking or smoking pot. needless to say that place does **** and I have NO idea how they stay in buisness

sounds like the power supply was taken out. the power lite is an indicator of battery voltage only. steve (amp medics) said the repair would be between $80 and $120.

you can get referrals for his work on floridaspl or dirtysouthspl forums

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...