help me with my port tuning

Participant count
  • Participant list

slapmaster
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
mobile al
What size should the port be to get low 33hz or so tuning?

¾ mdf

4 2x4s for bracing

fi Q 18s

port firing back(inside the car),box going in my trunk.

port.jpg

10in x 5in x 3in.... Fb= 32.85hz

i got that using bassbox 6 pro and the t/s of dual 1 fi q18. i dont know if thats right cuz im still learning how to use the program.

you decided against the 18-10's?
it was never ment to be in for as long as it has. it was just another project. now its time for a new one. just might try 4 mach 5 mj18's sealed in 2.8 cubes each if i can't get a good box design for two 18's. humm... 4 18s in a trunk, wouldn't that be a first too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I'd have the internal port end 7" away from the back wall and just roundover that corner. That back (rounded) wall should effectively extend the...
None so far, there was a factory 8 inch subwoofer that I took out for a pass through, I'm definitely going to have to get some sound deadening...
Yes. I do not fully understand the question, but if the manufacturer suggests such a big port, it is probably because it has a high QTS. If it...
Honestly I don't think it would be hard for them to make it where you use android auto AND your own music source. They made it able to do so...
Agreed with this here. Since you have the unit pulled out of the car/dash...test it at your car battery directly for operation. very simple to do...

About this thread

slapmaster

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
slapmaster
mobile al
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date