What do you drive and how many MPG do you get?

iDesignBoxes
10+ year member

This many.
USA
Looking for a car... ~14 MPG is not enough for me in my GMC Jimmy. I will probably get something that costs under $3000 since I'm a student and poor, most likely a Honda... so I wanted to see what my options are... What do you guys drive (year and model), what did you pay for it, and how many MPG do you get? List pro's and con's also.

For example:

1: Paid: $2600

2: 1999 GMC Jimmy

3: ~14 City/18 Highway

Pros: Very spacious, rides smooth

Cons: Gas *****, lots of road noise

I have a 99 Nissan Quest Van I use as my daily driver just calculated my MPGs yesterday, exactly 18mpg mostly city. Highway it gets around 22 if I baby it.

1: Paid: $3700

2: 1995 Dodge Dakota (3.9 v6)

3: ~16 City/17 Highway

Pros: I can haul ****, fun to drive in the winter, limited slip diff

Cons: Gas *****, starting to rust

94 Tahoe 2 dr, get 13mpg, paid $20 for the title //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

and no my parents didnt buy it, I built it.

Got rid of this almost 3 years ago and haven't had anything since that fits in your price criteria:

1990 Saab 900 hatchback non-turbo 5 speed manual.

Paid $5500 in mid-1998 with 65k miles.

Got avg 21 city / 27 hwy.

Liked: Very comfortable ride with very good handling and road feel. Heated seats were nice. "Love it or hate it" styling (obviously, I loved it). Phenomenal winter handling.

Disliked: Speakers are 4" dash and 4x10 rear. Luckily, I was able to mount a pair of 6x9's on the rear cargo cover which made one hell of a difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.