Sign in to follow this  
JPerkmr954

Competition Classes

I have been in a soundoff before back a few yesrs ago, just got in the for the heck of it and actually got a trophy:D...

but im tryin to understand the classes more, and how do you know what class you fall into when your going to compete?

I just would like to find out when done with my truck how many DB i can hit... and if i happen to ever get in again maybe I'd get lucky and win something again...

The show i went to, they put a mic against the front windshield, dunno what term of rating that is....

Please someone educate me!!!

Lol... I have no clue what organization the event was....

Im just tryin to get some general info, i didnt know that even had different organizations....

I dont have my system... for this automobile... BUT i'll be running 2-12z.... what other info would matter in regards to that would u need to know? how many amps? how much power per amp?

Oh ok.... the time i did it... they looked in my car... saw what i had... and they put me in a class... As i said, i was just doing it for kicks just to see.. and i happened to win second place.... But i was just curious to see what kinda db numbers my car would get....

Now that im going to take putting my system together a lil ore seriously, my intentions are still the same.. just to see what kinda DB'z i can hit... but if i can win a trophy... kool...

Being that you guys seem to know whats going on...

what type of numbers can be expected with a 2-12inch sub setup in a yukon... or an suv really... just curious of what might be possible.

Being that you guys seem to know whats going on...

what type of numbers can be expected with a 2-12inch sub setup in a yukon... or an suv really... just curious of what might be possible.

There are alot of variables you have left out of the equation before we could even TRY to guess a db #.

Power, enclosure, etc.

ok... keep in mind i dont have anything yet... but i know what i want to do... and you can tell me an estimate...

2-12'z a box made by fisher customs... 2- 1000 amps- one per sub....

Or maybe it would be easier to answer... are 150's or high 140's possible in an suv with a custom box 2-12's and 1 amp per sub? not conting the front end equipment

Wow... really.... thats terrible... might have to re-plan then... because I know the open space in a truck is a killer... but I was hoping that It may be possible... Thanks for the info...

Im not a super box builder... But FisherCustoms is from what I understand...and 99.9% he will be making my box....

but i know its going to be hard... cause these people with these little cars/hatchbacks can hit 40 easy...

In my old car (RIP) I put up 142.7... when my amp overheated and cut out... I just want to surpass that... And I'd be fine... but then again that was in a hatchback...

Im not a super box builder... But FisherCustoms is from what I understand...and 99.9% he will be making my box....

GREAT CHOICE!!!

I did my reading... and i see that he is serious.... so i'm probably going to go with him... We are going to try and get all we can out of what I want in my car...

Its just going to be a daily driver setup... unless i decide to really crank it up... here and there... to a point way past casual listening..

But i got so much more research to do... like finding the equipment for a good price...