aaron7114
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Arkansas
Here is the MAX room I have to work with

39" wide

28" deep

22" tall

I would like to stay around 20" deep though.

Subs on top...port towards the back.

Powered by a Kicker KX2500

I say tuning around 33-35hz? Dont really know what would sound best. My box now is tuned to around 38hz and it just doesn't hit the low notes very good. But notes around 45hz are amazing.

This is going to be kinda hard to explain but worth a shot...picture you opening up the backglass and looking at the system from there...looking up into the cabin.

I want the sub on the left tilted up and to the right.

Then the other sub the exact opposite.

I think that would look pretty cool.

My system is currently walled off in my accord. but I just got a rodeo the other day so I'm putting the system in it so I can sell the accord. I'm really worried that I wont be satisfied with my system in the rodeo not being walled off. I just can't see it be as loud/louder than my car. But alot of people say SUVs can get louder than walled vehicles.

I would really appreciate a sketchup and a cutlist.

Thank you very much!

I wouldnt really mess with tilting the subs... If anything would just make problems.

I can do you a design if you're interested. Im not sure when Id be able to get to it though as Im pretty busy for the next couple days.

You're looking at 8.23 cubic feet before displacements if you want a width of 20". With two 15"s you're going to want a decent size port. You may want to go with aeros.

Than you are going to have to go wider. How much port area do you want for both subs? PM me and I can work on dimensions for you, but it won't have any funky angles, etc.
see thats the thing. I'm not really sure how much port area would be best. Hoping to get some suggestions.

How does this box look?

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=39.5&Eh=21.25&Dia=10&Xmax=13.5&Vd=0.13&NumW=2&Vb=7&Fb=34&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

And would the tuning raise or lower if I left out the purple board? Where its just a straight port instead of L shaped.

Only thing I'm worried about on this box is getting the subs to fit on top. There is 31.25" of room between the port and the right side. Could I get the L7s to fit in there? If I took out that purple board I could also probably instead of having the subs side by side I could put them kind of diagonal to one another.

If that box looks good to everyone else could someone tell me what I should change to the teal board to make it around 34 hz so that I can remove the purple board and just have a straight port.

If anyone thinks the box needs adjustments please tell me. I can't go any bigger on the width or the height though.

How does this box look?
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=39.5&Eh=21.25&Dia=10&Xmax=13.5&Vd=0.13&NumW=2&Vb=7&Fb=34&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

And would the tuning raise or lower if I left out the purple board? Where its just a straight port instead of L shaped.

Only thing I'm worried about on this box is getting the subs to fit on top. There is 31.25" of room between the port and the right side. Could I get the L7s to fit in there? If I took out that purple board I could also probably instead of having the subs side by side I could put them kind of diagonal to one another.
looks good, but the one thing i'd say is if you look at it the 'red' or width up to the port is like 32"

not sure how wide the subs are with mounting or whatever but if it's a 15" sub that's pushin it they're gonna be crammed together on the top, kinda see what i'm sayin???

but it'll be dope for sure

hey arron j/w wat model of kicker speakers do you have and how do they perform the 6 1/2's that is
I have the ks60 model. They sound really good. Can't comment much about their bass output because I cross them over fairly high. But I really like them.

looks good, but the one thing i'd say is if you look at it the 'red' or width up to the port is like 32"
not sure how wide the subs are with mounting or whatever but if it's a 15" sub that's pushin it they're gonna be crammed together on the top, kinda see what i'm sayin???

but it'll be dope for sure
Yeah thats what I'm afraid of. Thats why I was thinking that if I take out the purple board and just have a straight port I could put the subs kind of diagonal to one another.

See this is what I'm talking about...

The things on the front of the box is my amps. However I plan to build out over the amps so they look flush. Kinda look like the are inside the box. Then put plexi glass in front of the amps so they can be seen.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.