Strange Question.. Searching For Lightest Weight 5 Channel Amp...

Participant count
  • Participant list

desertheat
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Tempe, Az
As the title says, I am building a show car with a target of 40MPG. The the goal of the car is to...

Have a tuner / show car that is modified yet Have a comphy car with decent room, standard features of most all basic cars, perform well and not be a turd. One of the major goals of the car is weight savings. I am going to some pretty goofy lenghts on the weight savings part. Including a SQ focused sound system.

The new chassis chosen for this project is a Scion xD. The yaris while getting stellar gas milage was ruled out as it was simply to weak performance wise & not enough interior room / cargo room. The new xD has a dual vvti 1.8L rated at 128hp. The cars stock dyno comes out to 120whp which means it is underrated when comparing basic powetrane loss. The Yaris only manages around 96whp. With basic bolt on mods the dynos have proven 145whp and 150 is possible while maintaining great MPG which makes it a sporty efficient 4 door. That is specifically why it was chosen.

Now with those strange goals in mind I am searching for the lightest weight 5 channel you guys can find. Help is appriciated! I am searching myself. Post up what you find and actual weight!

have you looked at the new alpine pdx 5 channel. The footprint is small, so I would assume it is pretty light also.

EPA is 33mpg, Not hard to beat EPA ratings. Just like the yaris, people are logging 45-50mpg in them when driven correctly.

We are focusing on weight reduction, drag, decreasing rotational mass "as in wheel and tire combo, flywheel & pulley weight, as well as under driving accesories. Also fuel tuning will come into play as well as overall engine efficiency. We have a lot of work ahead of us //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Many users with a light foot & common sense have been reporting in around 37mpg in the XD already so we feel the goal will not be that hard to meet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.