tweeters off h/u?

Participant count
  • Participant list
All of the following is common sense stuff, but I just wanted to give the friendly public service announcement.

• Just make sure the tweeters aren't providing an ohm load that's below the minimum of the HU (e.g- 2 ohms tweeters on a 4 ohm minimum HU). Not that 2 ohm tweeters are flooding the market.....
  • If you're going to run them directly off the HU (without the passive xo), make sure the HU's HPF can be adjusted appropriately as to not allow the tweeters to play frequencies that are too low for them.
  • Keep in mind that most HU's exhibit around 5% or more THD when outputting max RMS. That level of distortion can usually cause negative effects.

All of the following is common sense stuff, but I just wanted to give the friendly public service announcement.

• Just make sure the tweeters aren't providing an ohm load that's below the minimum of the HU (e.g- 2 ohms tweeters on a 4 ohm minimum HU). Not that 2 ohm tweeters are flooding the market.....
  • If you're going to run them directly off the HU (without the passive xo), make sure the HU's HPF can be adjusted appropriately as to not allow the tweeters to play frequencies that are too low for them.
  • Keep in mind that most HU's exhibit around 5% or more THD when outputting max RMS. That level of distortion can usually cause negative effects.
cool,thanks for the info man

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.