98 Accord sedan install pics...

Yeah, they are punch HX2's. I've been toying with the idea of swapping them to something else. If I do sell them, I'll go to IDmax's probably.

Pshhh...junk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif Just messin with ya lashlee. Didn't know you were on this forum as well.

I do have several questions though. Did you remove the Honda logo from the front, black it out, or is it there and I'm just blind?

I also like what you did with the bezel where the radio is. I've been thinking about doing that because honestly, I hate how I have a gap. I trimmed the trim ring for my W200 and it looks like crap and there are still gaps and I've been wanting do do what you did. How did you do that exactly?

Also, where you put the kicks, I can't tell if you put deadener under the carpet as well or just over it. Either way, did it reduce any road noise?

Other than that, I really like your install. Very clean.

Pshhh...junk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif Just messin with ya lashlee. Didn't know you were on this forum as well.
I do have several questions though. Did you remove the Honda logo from the front, black it out, or is it there and I'm just blind?

I also like what you did with the bezel where the radio is. I've been thinking about doing that because honestly, I hate how I have a gap. I trimmed the trim ring for my W200 and it looks like crap and there are still gaps and I've been wanting do do what you did. How did you do that exactly?

Also, where you put the kicks, I can't tell if you put deadener under the carpet as well or just over it. Either way, did it reduce any road noise?

pg 4 shitton of deadener!

A couple of years ago I wrecked the car, aargh F-150!! Anyways, when I put it back together I left it out. I like it alot better, it seems to clean things up!!!

With the dash I started with some abs to fill most of the gap. I then taped up the h/u, re installed it and used rage gold to fill the small space. Build it up, sand it down, do it again, and again. Once I had it built up I pulled the tape and nibbled out the edges to keep it from rubbing when the face moved. If I was in your shoes, I would look into gluing the 200 trim ring in place and starting there. It actually wasn't that hard, but it looks so much better. I have plenty of pics if you want I can post some if something dosen't make sense.

There is deadener in there, lots!! This go around was 180 sq ft on top of the deadener already in there. I really tried to to get up on the floor pan as far as I could to reduce road noise. I'll follow in some of your footsteps over the winter with the wheel wells and maybe the hood.

Thanks!! I can't wait to hear you thoughts on the pdx's since I may be changing to them before next season.

Yeah I used the trim ring but i had to cut alot of it with a dremel, but then it came out all ugly since it wasn't straight. Maybe I'm just horrible, lol. I'll probably mess up with what you did so I might have someone else do it for me and I'll take care of the sanding and the painting.

The wheel wells had a huge impact. The fender does as well and it takes more work to get that part deadened. If I could go back and re-do things, I would have laid a layer or two of deadener mat first and then the liquid deadener. As for the hood, I couldn't tell too much of a difference with road noise, but with a hose on the hood full blast, it was a huge difference from not having anything. If you want to go all out, I'd recommend doing the firewall from both the cabin and from the engine area. That would probably help ALOT.

You don't by any chance have an a pillar or two laying around do you?

Do not use body filler to fill that gap. It will eventually crack. You need to use a good plastic urethane for it such as Duramix 4040. This will bond plastic to plastic and it will be permanent. For the skin coat you can use Duramix 4058 or a very thin layer of body filler. Problem with duramixis the dispenser is very expensive, about $90, its a 1:1 Static Cartridge Mixing Gun. I have it, if you need to borrow it levon I can ship it to you along with some mixing tips.

here is mine

4040zz8.jpg

what u got as far as amps lash? im needin sumthin 2 push 2 svc M1 15s... i just ordered a new 1 off of josh friday n listened 2 the big xxx re .. hit me up if ya have anything

what u got as far as amps lash? im needin sumthin 2 push 2 svc M1 15s... i just ordered a new 1 off of josh friday n listened 2 the big xxx re .. hit me up if ya have anything

it says it all in the link dude.

Xtant X604 for midrange and highs

Xtant X603 for midbass

Xtant X1001 for sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.