10" Sub Help Please

Evil Twin

Hello everyone, new to the forums after browsing for a while. I would like some input on some 10" subs. I am a rocker and want to feel the bass, but dont want to wake up the neighborhood. My goal is to have 2 in the trunk, and HOPE to keep the cost as close to $100 each as I can. Married and on a budget. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I have been looking at several 10" subs as of late, although dont know models for all:

Phoenix Gold RSD10D (recently bought the RSD 5.25 comps)

JL Audio

JBL

AA

Elemental Designs

MB Quart

Dayton

Any suggestions or recommendations are definitely needed.

Thanks!

I'm also in the market for some nice 10s (SQ / SQL is what Im aiming for). Here are some of the the reviews I found from my researching:

Phoenix Gold RSD10D - Nice price, hits low, clean and efficient, seems to match the IDMAX

JL 10w6v2 - Superior SQ, but doesnt get as low as other subs, less output

JL 10w7 - Gets low and loud with great SQ but at a great price

JBL w10GTi - Gets nice and low, fairly efficient, performs nice overall.

Dayton Reference 10" HO - Excellent build quality, bang for the buck sub, good for smaller enclosures

Peerless 10 XXLS - Seems to be the rave on diyma. Sub I will be getting =D

do you have an amp yet? willing to do 1 12 or are you set on 2 10s?
I do not have an amp yet. A friend of mine at work is telling me I will need an amp for the subs, and an amp for the front stage. Also, I am not dead set on 10's, just thought they would save me space. What are the advantages of 1 12" compared to 2 10's?

My friend is also telling me that since I listen to rock I could get away with some Kickers. There are too many frickin options.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.