Audiophiles can't tell the difference between Monster Cable and a coathanger

Were the coat hangers shielded or anything? In the car environment shielding goes a long way, as does twisting. Once you get to shielded/twisted RCA's, there's little to no difference. It does make sense though that the coat hangers would sound good...they probably have twice as much copper as normal RCA's.

Were the coat hangers shielded or anything? In the car environment shielding goes a long way, as does twisting. Once you get to shielded/twisted RCA's, there's little to no difference. It does make sense though that the coat hangers would sound good...they probably have twice as much copper as normal RCA's.
Wondered this also ?

for whatever it's worth, i was driving right next to a radio tower (within 20 ft) and it came through the speakers, despite me having a cd playing at the time. i didnt realize that could happen. it was with cheap white and blue RCA's, i doubt they were shielded. so i guess interference can come through, depending upon where you are if you do not use quality RCA's.

Just look for shielded and twisted RCA's. Once you do that just pick out the ones that look best to you, which normally ends up being more expensive //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

When ever I see a test like this I want to know a few things.

1. What speaker were used?

2. What electronics?

3. How was everything wired?

4. How long did they get to listen?

5. What was the specific distances of cables?

6. What were the specs of the cables/coat hangers?

7. What material was used?

8. What was the room like?

9. Was the test matched SPL wise?

Anything that doesn't answer these questions, could be totally BSing you...

Just a thought, how long is a coat hanger?

3 ft? How many people with speakers that would benefit from decent cables have their speakers 3 ft from their amplifiers? Not many I would think...

Plus Monster Cable, come on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.