Quick question about Frequency response

You're going to have to be more specific.

What exactly are you confused about or need further clarification on ?

The subject is a little large, so if you can give an idea of what exactly you don't understand it will give us a starting point and we can work out from there.

i just wish to know if the wider the range the sound will be better

also if the frequency response standars are the same for all speakers?

ex: is 49-21,000Hz in an infinity speaker the same as 49-21,000Hz on an alpine?.

i know it sounds obious but i want to get this clarified

i just wish to know if the wider the range the sound will be betteralso if the frequency response standars are the same for all speakers?

ex: is 49-21,000Hz in an infinity speaker the same as 49-21,000Hz on an alpine?.

i know it sounds obious but i want to get this clarified
even when the range is the same, the levels will be different per speaker, and differ based on the install

Take the frequency range specified by the manufacturer with a block of salt. Unless there is a tolerance to go with it, it is totally meaningless. A response plot gives a much better indication of what the speaker will do for you. Plan on using a high pass crossover on your midranges in the neighborhood of 80-100 hz (for a simple system with a simple install) and pretty much any 6.5" mid will be adequate.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.