morel

Participant count
  • Participant list

toymachine2628
10+ year member

I decide to get the morel dotech ovation 6.5" comp set. For about a week i was running these @ 111 rms w/ an infinity 7541a amp. i decided to brigde the amp and send 278 rms to each channel, my question is can these speakers handle this power?

what do you think of my installation so far? XO is in a temp location, and waiting for EDEAD to get here.

I wouldnt do it. The rms is 140 on em. Sure they will take more, but double? Its risky on an expensive set of drivers. I have the PG TI Elites (made by Morel) and they rate at 300 rms. I put 300 rms into them and they did not like it. I now run them at 100wrms. (after New Tweets, and the cone seperating from the rubber sourond) Got to love warranties. And before anyone starts that, clipped them crap, it was off a PG SX4600 bridged.

sorry, bit off track there. But if your not happy with the 111 watts, i would go to maybe 200 with a clean amp and good install. Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.