NOT using a crossover?

Participant count
  • Participant list

flipside1212
10+ year member

MR. I dun GIV aFUX
ok so i got a nice set of tweeters and mids. i dont have a crossover and i was wondering is the crossover necessary? can i run the tweets and mids directly to my amp and still have some good sound? my amp has a decent crossover setting on it.

any info and input thanks

yes the crossover is neccessary. without the crossover you will most definitly blow your drivers.

the crossover acts as a filter telling which frequencies to go to which speaker, and without the XO to filter the signal, you will send a full range signal to both speakers, causeing each speaker to play too low, and damaging the speakers.

not to mention, while they are playing full range, they will sound like poo.

i doubt that your amp can bandpass the mid-woofer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i also doubt that the HPF goes up high enough for the tweeter //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i also doubt that you would be able to set it correctly //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

my suggestion still lies with just using the xo. why are you opposed to it?

oo **** ight well that is out the water, guess i need some crossovers or comps any suggestions? im looking at under 150, ive got to sell my truebass 8 and then i can really mess around

oo **** ight well that is out the water, guess i need some crossovers or comps any suggestions? im looking at under 150, ive got to sell my truebass 8 and then i can really mess around
I have some crossovers/tweeters for sale.

CDT Satnet 456's

$75 shipped.

oo cuz i was lookin on alpines site and it doesnt say it does like the type-r and x's. think theyll be a good buy for like 65$ bn

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.