WTF Check Engine light's on...

SethPhillips
5,000+ posts

I'sa Playa
gotta 99 acura integra .. it's the model next to the gsr..

check engine light came on mid day yesterday... anyone know what it can be.. everything looks fine. sounds fine.. just changed my oil/ oil filter monday...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif:confused:

I have an RSX and my service engine light just came on and I had to manually reset it... I wonder if this is the same thing.

Did you gas up recently and not get the cap on right??? I've had that happen a few times with my RSX and also my g/f's Sentra SE

is your gas cap on tight?

could be anything really, take it to a shop or somebody who has one of those things that tell you what it's on for.

You probably need to check your engine. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
x2.

more than likly its a sensor of some kind.

mine has been on for 200+ miles. its the knock sensor but im too broke right now to go out and get it.

You probably need to check your engine. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
well no **** dude..

just checked over my vacum lines, gas cap's tight, oil look's good and is at the right level... radiator fluid level look's good... i think it might be my O2 sensor's.... i'll go have atozone pull the codes when i get off of work..

well no **** dude..just checked over my vacum lines, gas cap's tight, oil look's good and is at the right level... radiator fluid level look's good... i think it might be my O2 sensor's.... i'll go have atozone pull the codes when i get off of work..

i did that the other day. they just need your drivers lisence , so if you take off with thier scanner , they know where to find you.

mine comes on randomly and its always the EGR valve. i don't what kinda gizmos your integra has but if everything seems fine i bet its something emissions related...

i did that the other day. they just need your drivers lisence , so if you take off with thier scanner , they know where to find you.
ahhh i forgot.. i know a guy that is a tech at the honda service center at the local honda dealer!!!

he recomended a bunch of ****... he said he would go over the whole car.. and do my timing belt and check my valve clearence for $500.. so i think i'll do that once i get PAID!@

well no **** dude..just checked over my vacum lines, gas cap's tight, oil look's good and is at the right level... radiator fluid level look's good... i think it might be my O2 sensor's.... i'll go have atozone pull the codes when i get off of work..
lol, 02 sensors **** to replace, mine went out on my old maxima and it was 600 to get fixed by the dealership. Prolly cheaper somewhere else, but still probably a few hundred.

mine comes on randomly and its always the EGR valve. i don't what kinda gizmos your integra has but if everything seems fine i bet its something emissions related...
other then ebich coilover's and a cold air intake it's bone stock....

lol, 02 sensors **** to replace, mine went out on my old maxima and it was 600 to get fixed by the dealership. Prolly cheaper somewhere else, but still probably a few hundred.
mine are easy to replace.. i just dont want to replace them till i get my skunk 2 full exhaust system.. not to mention i need 2 O2 sensor's at $95+ a pop!!!

like i said , just go to autozone first and see what the problem is. it may be a simple fix , it may not be. so unless your car is due for belts and everything else you said , it may not be worth it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.