Really need help figuring this out..

Participant count
  • Participant list

indybahn

Ok, here's my problem..My system stopped working the other day so I just assumed my amp had died on me since it was pretty old. I was going to put my buddies' system in my car, but when I did I could just get one sub to barely move. I just figured my RCA's were bad..I went ahead and bought a new amp, ran new RCA's and a new remote to my new amp and my subs, and I had the same thing happen..One sub is just BARELY moving. My next thought was maybe my sub-outs were bad on my headunit so I ran my remote and RCA's to my buddies HU in his truck, and still had the same result. This only leaves my power and ground that hasn't been replaced. However, I have checked both of them and they are both still wired fine and I get full power to my amp. I am totally confused at this point. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ok so I'm an idiot and realized I still had the subs wired in series which was putting out a 4-ohm load. I rewired them in parallel but now the other sub is getting power but the one what was before isn't. I hooked each of them up individually and I can get power to one but not the other. But even the one that is getting power doesn't seem like its acting right and not getting full power..Does anyone have any idea what the heck is goin on here?

Ok so I'm an idiot and realized I still had the subs wired in series which was putting out a 4-ohm load. I rewired them in parallel but now the other sub is getting power but the one what was before isn't. I hooked each of them up individually and I can get power to one but not the other. But even the one that is getting power doesn't seem like its acting right and not getting full power..Does anyone have any idea what the heck is goin on here?
Either that one sub is bad or you wired it wrong.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.