Why is my amp smoking???

Wow a lot of people failed car audio 101. First off a true 2000watts RMS to two kicker comp vr 15's. 5 mins of play I would guess the glue on the voice coils. You have too much power for your subs . Did you see the amp smoking or you just went w/ this assumption ? If you just went with it. Turn the amp on with the speakers disconnected and see if it goes into protect. if it doesn't. Hook it up to some speakers that you know aren't blown and played it for a second and see what it does. if fine. Guess what its your subs. Honestly those power acoustik 3000db's are the same boards at the planet audios and we have ran many of amps with that board at 1/2 for long periods of time daily. ANd we have taken a few "out" after many months of this but didn't smoke. Honestly unless you seen smoke coming out of the amp 10 to one odds your subs took damage and not the amp. I am kinda disappointed that people took time to product bash instead of asking questions to make sure it was the amplifier ... The first thing that should have made ya ask questions is 1000watts to a 500 watt sub.... hmmmm > is it possible it is the amp YES... It is also over 10 times more likely it is the subs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.