IDSkoT

Some questions regarding Bass

Okay, so someone told me once never to touch bass boost on my amp.

It sounded logical, I suppose.

Now, my question is, can I use the "Bass +" on my HU (Pioneer DEH-P6900UB)...? and also, the equalizer, is that safe to use, too? I mean, I'd assume so since they have it there. But, then again: They have bass boost on the amp.

Thanks in advance.

Now designing / building boxes.

(Only building sealed and aero port boxes.)

PM me.

Feedback Thread

Refs: MSW Danny, atsaubrey (great seller), ampjunkielikeme, wgsj_fortvalley, tEh koRnDog, bad @SS chevy, Nismos14 (who is the man. :fyi:)

crunk.png

as long as you understand what you are doing, they are fine to use. but be careful that you can get yourself into trouble with both of those if you dont understand what it is that they are doing...

bass boost on amp= bad unless your drastically underpowering and going for spl.

REFS:

Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)

sorry man but ford will always be a ford. ford is the sony xplod of cars and trucks. you had bad experiences with chevy because your a ford guy. its what seperates the men from the boys. friend billy use to drive a ford. he drives a chevy now. they call him billy no more. hes known as bill now..

bass boost on amp= bad unless your drastically underpowering and going for spl.

bass boost is horrificly bad for spl :fyi:

most amplifier bass boost knobs only boost 1 frequency, while some h/u such as pioneer bass + - boost all frequencies below the crossover cutoff frequency... but for most of my applications this sends a distorted signal to the amp, and sub which can cause clipping, which is bad. I personally never use them, unless playing a very poor mp3 with a low kbps rate. some people i know swear by it to get super loud bass. so idk... i'd rather not take a chance of damaging my amp or subs, plus they're loud enough without it. i was taught to get the system to sound as good as possible with all eq settings flat, and have found it sounds better that way most of the time...

just my $.02

Refs: vitveet(x2)-audiobahnuser18(x2)-fargof-mazzasec-loudcartunez-jeeper07-NE14MX-pitbull12887-datboiroy-littleviet-XxSuperAdamxX(x2)-uS3-craigzter-LazyRider-juckstapose

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yeah, put in some white girl or three 6 mafia and sit in your car and let us see how much the rear view mirrors move. It usually is the best indicator that the low lows are hitting well or not. Cuz it should vibrate quite a bit.

my girl ask me once to choose between her and my car audio,i told that ***** i had made harder decisions at the coke machine.

What about the EQ? If anything, I'd only raise 60, and 170 Up 1db, maybe even raise 14k and 16k 1db.

Now designing / building boxes.

(Only building sealed and aero port boxes.)

PM me.

Feedback Thread

Refs: MSW Danny, atsaubrey (great seller), ampjunkielikeme, wgsj_fortvalley, tEh koRnDog, bad @SS chevy, Nismos14 (who is the man. :fyi:)

crunk.png

most amplifier bass boost knobs only boost 1 frequency, while some h/u such as pioneer bass + - boost all frequencies below the crossover cutoff frequency... but for most of my applications this sends a distorted signal to the amp, and sub which can cause clipping, which is bad. I personally never use them, unless playing a very poor mp3 with a low kbps rate. some people i know swear by it to get super loud bass. so idk... i'd rather not take a chance of damaging my amp or subs, plus they're loud enough without it. i was taught to get the system to sound as good as possible with all eq settings flat, and have found it sounds better that way most of the time...

just my $.02

x2....well said!! couldnt of said it better myself!!

Vehicle-1999 Ford Ranger Extended Cab

Subs-2 15" Obsidian audio woofers

box-6.2cubes with 4 4" ports firing up tuned to 33hz

highs and mids-4 Kicker 5X7s (replacing in the future)

Deck-Pioneer AVH-P430DVD double din

Amp-hifonics XXV Colossus

electrical-knukonceptz 1/0 throughout,220A alt, big 3, 1 NGT NG31 batt

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new FREE account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now