Question for BA Pro 6.5's

GabeC
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ColaTown, SC
How much wattage do they like? i see they are 125 rms, so about 100 rms per speaker?

I would be mounting these in the rear of my car, so where would i mount the tweets? should i run a wire and mount them in the front or just elevate them and mount them in the back with the 6.5's?

I was throwing 200+ at them with a PG Xenon 200.4 bridged and they handled like a champ.

If their going in the back run them as coax with the tweet in the mid.

The Z6's are what replaced the Pro 6.5's if that helps any........//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D:D

they are actually a 3ohm nominal load, so whatever power an amp makes at 4 ohms it will pull a little more out of it. honestly, they will handle anything you can throw at them, provided you follow 2 conditions: 1) you are a responsible listener. know when to back off of the volume control. if you're playin bass mechanik or test tones or something, they won't handle what they normally could playing actual music. (though mine are crossed over at about 60hz with a shallow slope. if you cross them over higher, they'll handle a lot more of that stuff) 2) you are providing them with clean power. you get what you pay for, that's a ncie comp set. treat it well, and it will sound great for many years to come. i'm currently running a set of the pro 6.53's, and absolutely love them. granted i rarely turn the music up above conversation level (i'm getting old, i know :p) but when i want to crank it up, they'll take anything i can throw at 'em and ask for more. i actually did an install in a corvette with a pair of the 6.53's with a jl audio 250/1 on each side. with some deadening, he didn't need a sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If I recall the tweeter's are adjustable and most people that said they were harsh were those that never took advantage of the crossovers adjustability....I will double check to make sure that they are adjustable though......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D:D

The tweeter adjustments on the 6.5x crossover are....

0db

-2db

-4db

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D:D

Yes, the passive crossovers have a 3 position attenuation switch... 0 db, -2 db, and -4 db. The tweeters usually are descibed as harsh by those that don't have their system adjusted properly. You need to get the gains adjusted properly. The harshness heard is usually the amps, EQ's, HU, something... clipping. Silk, or poly tweeters usually won't respond as high as a metal tweeter , so you actually hear the distortion from metal tweeters that other tweeters will not reproduce. Metal tweeters are almost too accurate. That's why silk, or poly tweets are preferred by some. Metal tweets can be touchy to get to sound right. However, after hearing the Pro's for the first time, I know that they CAN be adjusted to sound great.

The Z6's are what replaced the Pro 6.5's if that helps any
Actually, the Z6's were the higher performing set than the Pro 60's, but the Z6's were replaced by the SPZ's.

Actually, the Z6's were the higher performing set than the Pro 60's, but the Z6's were replaced by the SPZ's.
Correct, but we are talking about the Pro 6.5's not the Pro60's two very different speaker sets......The Pro 6.5's were replaced by the Z6's which were just replace at the end of last year by the SPZ's......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.