2003 Dodge Stratus power wire

Participant count
  • Participant list

amermuscle15
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Cleveland
Im looking for a spot to run the main power wire in a 2003 Dodge stratus 2door.....I don't really see any grommets and Im afraid to drill without knowing where its gonna end up...Sorry if this is in the wrong section couldn't really decide which one to put it in....So if anybody has done an install in one of these and could give me a hint or a good spot I would appreciate it. THanks

is your battery also in the front bumper cover, drivers side, need to take off the wheel to get to it?

ive got an 04 chrysler sebring, if its the same ive got pics

Its on the drivers side but not in the bumper...the battery is easy to get to but the thing is under neath the carpet is that rubber mat crap that is everywhere and its being held on by the gas peddle and all that stuff and im not about to disconnect all that to get behind that stuff. Also, the wheel wells come up to the engine so the engine basically is sitting in like a lil craddle....not much room to play with thats why im afraid to just drill right through. I mean if worst comes to worst I'll start with some small holes and see where I end up. But if someone knows of a good spot to drill or a grommet somewhere that would help greatly.

A 2-door Stratus is basically a Mitsubishi Eclipse. If your vehicle is an automatic, you may be able to drill through the clutch plate on the firewall. Otherwise see if you can tell where the stock wiring runs through.

that whole layer does come out, just take off the kick panels, it goes pretty far up under the dash, if it is all the way around any peddle cut from the top of the peddle up towards the firewall, itll set back in place no problem.

biggest problem i ran into was finding a spot to put the fuse holder and run the wire down near the firewall. once i got the wire down there, i took off the inner plastic fender, and my cars an automatic so theres a plastic plate for a foot rest where the clutch would normally be, its only 4 screws and theres a few inches behind it before the metal, so i drilled behind it to the wheel well, when the wires come through the go under the plate so there isnt even a bulg in my carpet

Thanks guys...its not my car its a friends...This is one of the reasons I'll stick with chevy or pontiac //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif....But it does have that lil plastic foot rest thing so I'll have to take a look at that..and I looked for the stock wiring but was having a hard time reaching ne thing...I got big hands so hard to get into them lil areas...But I appreciate the tips thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.