Where can I go to get help with my Imprint device?

Participant count
  • Participant list

grampi
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Cheyenne
I sent my KTX-100EQ with my 9887 to United Radio Service to see if they could get it to work with my HU as I could not. They said this item could not be field repaired so they can't even try to use it. Should I try to find a local shop that sells Alpine stuff to take it to to see if they can figure out why it won't work? I called Alpine tech support when I was trying to get it to work and they basically were no help. I would really like to get it to work, but I don't what else to do here.

FYI United Radio is a premier authorized repair facility for Alpine products, the one in Syracuse, NY is anyway a 5 star one at that. If they can't service it I would take it back where you bought it for an exchange (oops forgot I read your other thread so return is not an option for you) or send it directly to Alpine in CA, they have a service facility there. Just give them a call and report to them what United Radio passed onto you.

United Radio had trouble diagnosing the issue I was having with my 7998 awhile back and were going to deem it unrepairable that is when I called Alpine directly to discuss options and was told they have a place that does service work for them. UR must have put one of their Senior techs on my unit and they found a power supply problem (bad trace) and finally got it solved and working correctly.

As electronics get more complex they get tougher to service probably alot of surface mount components that require specialized equipment to service.

FYI United Radio is a premier authorized repair facility for Alpine products, the one in Syracuse, NY is anyway a 5 star one at that. If they can't service it I would take it back where you bought it for an exchange (oops forgot I read your other thread so return is not an option for you) or send it directly to Alpine in CA, they have a service facility there. Just give them a call and report to them what United Radio passed onto you.
United Radio had trouble diagnosing the issue I was having with my 7998 awhile back and were going to deem it unrepairable that is when I called Alpine directly to discuss options and was told they have a place that does service work for them. UR must have put one of their Senior techs on my unit and they found a power supply problem (bad trace) and finally got it solved and working correctly.

As electronics get more complex they get tougher to service probably alot of surface mount components that require specialized equipment to service.
It would be nice if I had another complete Imprint kit to work with. That way I could replace one item at a time and figure out exactly which piece is causing the problem. The only way I could see being able to do that would be to find an Alpine dealer that also does installations that has an Imprint. Sending mine into Alpine wouldn't really make me aware of a possible compatibility problem between my Imprint device and my 9887, or possibly a software compatibility issue between the Imprint software and my laptop. There are so many things in the loop that COULD be causing the problem, it's almost going to be impossible to determine exactly what it is without having two complete Imprint kits to work with. That's probably why Alpine tech support could offer no help over the phone.

You know, a light just went off in my head and maybe you guys can help figure out if it's a short, or I'm actually on to something. Something triggered something in my memory about a conversation in this or one of the other forums about the front and rear preouts on the 9887 actually being bass ackwards. In other words, I think they concluded that the preouts marked front (the top pair looking at the back of the unit) and the rear were actually just the opposite. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but when I hooked up my 9887 I remember I had the rca's plugged into the front jacks (the top ones) on the HU. I remember how strange it seemed that I could only fade the front speakers when the rear speakers were selected on the HU's menu. Nothing happened when I tried fading them when I had the front speakers selected. If the preouts are actually the opposite of what they're designated, then that would explain why the system was saying there was no front left speaker connected. I don't currently have the HU or I could just swap them and try it out.

SOB!!!!! I am sssssssssoooooooooo frickin' stupid!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just looking at the manual for my 9887 and on the connections page (page 40) in the manual it says the top preamp connectors are for the rear speaker amp, and the middle pair are for the front. That's why my Imprint was saying my front left speaker wasn't connected. I am such a dipshit!

you figured it out tho...ood about that.

wat is imprint anyway?

feel g
It's a device that connects to the HU to automatically adjust your system's crossover points, time correction, and make EQ adjustments to improve the overall SQ.

FYI, I was messing with my setup and noticed that with going active, the tweet is on the top, mid in the middle and sub on the bottom.

FYI, I was messing with my setup and noticed that with going active, the tweet is on the top, mid in the middle and sub on the bottom.
Yeah, I finally figured out the I had the front RCA's connected the rear outputs, which is probably why my Imprint wasn't working.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.