School me on Hardrock speakers

Mason Dixon

bama
I'm trying to replace the 10 year old stock paper speakers that came with my toyota 4runner. It has 6"fronts and 5.25"rears. Music of choice is Hardrock. I've got a Power Acoustik DVD 80x4 powering it all up. Looking to spend 50-75 on a front set and same amount for rears. But i've also been recommended i should just save up and splurge on a decent front set like the CDT classic series and keep the factory rears. Can anybody recommend a decent budget combo that doesn't bog down and get muddy?

^^^ wtf?? hahahaha

im with you, i was looking for something that gave my music some balls like midbass and great mid range. i got the mach5audio 6.5's running from 50hz to 3400hz on 12db/oct with mmats silk tweeters. sounds awesome. im no sq expert or anything but the mach5audio 6.5's are pretty decent for rock music, thats for sure. good mid bass and great mid range but only extends to 3400 with a 12db roll off.

MLI-65's are midbass monsters...midrange is lacking a bit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

^^^ wtf?? hahahahaim with you, i was looking for something that gave my music some balls like midbass and great mid range. i got the mach5audio 6.5's running from 50hz to 3400hz on 12db/oct with mmats silk tweeters. sounds awesome. im no sq expert or anything but the mach5audio 6.5's are pretty decent for rock music, thats for sure. good mid bass and great mid range but only extends to 3400 with a 12db roll off.
the new tool cd is one of their best recorded, giving it a cd to test with. the last nin album sounds cool. i must say though, the chili peppers last album was a disappointment musically, but very well recorded album and great to listen to with the mach5audio 6.5's as well as the above mentioned albums.

i know mmats components arent that recognized for sq or anything but with a mach5 6.5 mid that can play down to 50 hz at moderate volumes, and the mmats silk tweeter that can play down to 3000hz, with the right x/o point, you will be happy with hard rock, metal and anything in between.

just choose a nice tweeter with a flat response but with a low fs that can play down low since many people think the mach 6.5 doest do so good in the mid range.(below 3000hz or so). i have mine crossed at 3400 with 12DB/octave with the tweeter that picks up at 3000hz and it sounds fine to me. and im a recording engineer.

the new tool cd is one of their best recorded
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Actually the new Tool cd is a horrible sounding cd. Product of the "Loudness War".

Proof(un-case you cant hear it yourself):

vicarious.png

rosetta.png

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=64182

i thought it was a well recorded and mixed. however the mastering engineer shouldn't of compressed it to hell. but i doubt anyone could tell the difference because thats what people are used to hearing these days, so thats what mastering engineers conform to (if they like it or not) thus fueling the loudness war.

I'm trying to replace the 10 year old stock paper speakers that came with my toyota 4runner. It has 6"fronts and 5.25"rears. Music of choice is Hardrock. I've got a Power Acoustik DVD 80x4 powering it all up. Looking to spend 50-75 on a front set and same amount for rears. But i've also been recommended i should just save up and splurge on a decent front set like the CDT classic series and keep the factory rears. Can anybody recommend a decent budget combo that doesn't bog down and get muddy?
Yes, front set only IMO. But I have never heard very good things about the CDT CL series. How much are you planning on spending on components?

i thought it was a well recorded and mixed. however the mastering engineer shouldn't of compressed it to hell. but i doubt anyone could tell the difference because thats what people are used to hearing these days, so thats what mastering engineers conform to (if they like it or not) thus fueling the loudness war.
Anybody that has a decent set of speakers and knows what music is supposed to sound like can tell the difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.