Problem with Lightning Audio Amp

joshpoints
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I have a 300.2 Lightning audio amp. The problem is that I was listening to music and then the amp stop putting out sound. The read "protector" light turns on when the stereo is on, but the lightning bolt on the top of the amp does not. I assume it is in some safety mode. I disconnected the power wire, ground wire and remote lead wire. THen I hooked them back up. THis is a new stereo set-up. Could the problem be that I split off of the remote lead because I have two amps and ran one of the wires off the split to each amp? HOw do I reset this amp? Is there a button somewhere, the instructions ****. They don't say anything about the protector light, they just point it out on the picture as to the name of this red light. Your help is appreciated.

Originally posted by crhye250r Are you running subs off of this amp? If so, your impedence may not be correct. Check that first.
I'm running 2-way 6.5" speakers off of it. I'm running them at 4 ohms which the amp is capable of. I was reading questions that people have had about their amps on their website and someone had a problem that sounded similar to mine. The person was using a high voltage preamp output. Lightning audio states that their amps are made for preamp outs up to 4 volts, I don't know if they can handle the 5.5 volt output that my deck has. But the strange part is that I had the same problem with this amp when it was hooked up to my other deck that had like 1 volt outputs. The problem is that the amp works for like a minute or minute and a half, and then the amp stops working and the red protector light comes on. I can't figure out what is causing this and how to get the red protector light to shut off. In the past the amp would eventually turn back on after I removed the wires and hooked them back up.

Yes some amps are more sensitive to there ground. which lightning audio series is it

and did u know that lightning will be in the new fast and furious They have a special line for that:D

Originally posted by LBX2G Yes some amps are more sensitive to there ground. which lightning audio series is it

and did u know that lightning will be in the new fast and furious They have a special line for that:D
It's the B300.2 bolt series. I'm not really happy with the amp. I've only owned the amp for a year and it has probably been used a maximum of 3 hrs and all I have had is problems with it. I hooked a sub up to it and was not impressed. I then hooked the sub up to my kenwood with the same power ratings and noticed clean no distortion sound output.

Where did u buy the amp from

I Had the B250.2 and i Smoke the hell out of a v-tech voice coil

It did me very proud. Then i put a memphis PR12d on it and it kicked it ass to

Originally posted by LBX2G Where did u buy the amp from

I Had the B250.2 and i Smoke the hell out of a v-tech voice coil

It did me very proud. Then i put a memphis PR12d on it and it kicked it ass to
I bought it from a car audio place by my house. The name of the store is Pacific Audio. This amp may have blown your v-tech voicecoil from clipping. I'm not happy with the quality of mine at all. Doesn't sound as clean as the kenwood. Maybe I just got a defective amp. I only ran this amp for 3 hours at the very very maximum. The amp puts out no sound now (the protector light is stuck on) and and is a week or two out of warranty. If lightning audio doesn't repair it under warranty I guarantee that I will not buy another one of their products. I seriously hardly used this amp at all. I bought this amp to power a single 10" sub and this is my back up car that I drive very little. Usually in the spring an summer a little bit, just to cruise around in it.

how many watts are both the amps?

and what size alternator do u have?

if this is your sub amp// it is going to try and draw more power than the other amp.. and if its not gettin it power, then it may shut off while the other amp still works..

Exccccccccccccccuuuuuse me

**** I was just wonder. Because have talk the Lightning Audio the man in charge of the bolt series. If it was bought from some where like Best Buy then I would have been of horrible quality. That is why they are so cheap. But if u do not want then so be it

- I am out

Originally posted by LBX2G Exccccccccccccccuuuuuse me

**** I was just wonder. Because have talk the Lightning Audio the man in charge of the bolt series. If it was bought from some where like Best Buy then I would have been of horrible quality. That is why they are so cheap. But if u do not want then so be it

- I am out
If you are talking to me, I'm sorry if I came off like a jerk. I didn't mean to. I was just stating how pissed off I am that this amp broke. NOthing against you at all. THanks for your time and input.

Originally posted by i3abyjay25 how many watts are both the amps?

and what size alternator do u have?

if this is your sub amp// it is going to try and draw more power than the other amp.. and if its not gettin it power, then it may shut off while the other amp still works..
I'm actually using this amp to power my two way rear speakers and was using a kenwood 100X2 4ohms for my components up front. Even when I disconnect the kenwood the amp still doesn't work. At the time when this amp stopped working, I didn't have my component amp hooked up yet, so the components weren't functioning at that time. I only had the lightning audio amp running.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.