CDA-9887 Questions

2008screw
10+ year member

Hello All,

I finally installed my Alpine CDA-9887 (the most popular HU on this sight it seems) and I have a couple questions.

1) Under the front face plate (where you insert the CD) there looks to be a USB slot. What is this for?

2) I inserted a new mp3 CD that I just burned and the first couple of songs play fine, but the rest an error message comes up saying "not supported". What is this all about?

Oh, I installed my deck and dynamated my doors. WOW what a difference in sound even with the stock speakers. The rest of my setup will be going in over the course of the next few weeks but if this sound improvement is this good with the stock speakers, I can not wait until the whole system is in. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

congrats on the upgrade! I loved the 9887, couldn't afford it so went with the 9884. Dynamat really helps that much?? maybe I'll have to get some!!!
Thanks.

I am not sure if it was the dynamat or the new HU or a combo of the 2 for the improved SQ, however, mids sound much better none the less.

go to page 22 in owners manual, right hand side under the "general setting" topic, it continues onto to page 23 at the very top of pg 23 about playing mp3/wma/acc data

go to page 22 in owners manual, right hand side under the "general setting" topic, it continues onto to page 23 at the very top of pg 23 about playing mp3/wma/acc data
I tried all that but decided to re-burn the CD. It works fine now.

Can anyone tell me what the little USB type slot is for? I can not find anything on it in the manual.

I tried all that but decided to re-burn the CD. It works fine now.
Can anyone tell me what the little USB type slot is for? I can not find anything on it in the manual.
I would like to know as well. I think it might be some kind of programming port or something... I as well have not been able to find anything about it in the manual...

And congratz it is a very nice unit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.