Baffle/support on sealed box for DD 2512?

Participant count
  • Participants list

cheeto
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok, this might be a stupid and possibly unanswerable question for some reason.

The question is, I"m going to be switching from a JL 12w3 to a DD 2512a. The current box has .75 inch MDF all over. Will I have to brace the baffle with another .75 piece of MDF because the sub will move much more air/vibrate the box a hell of a lot more? or do I just have no idea what I'm talking about.

Thanks for helping my noobines.

you will be fine with what you got, so long as its .75 and not a prefab of 5/8. I have a box I had my dd 3512 in if your interested? Its 3.5 cubes @ 38Hz carpeted with a flared port

DSC_0124.jpg
Let me know if your interested. I live in Columbus, IN so we could arrange a pickup.

you will be fine with what you got, so long as its .75 and not a prefab of 5/8. I have a box I had my dd 3512 in if your interested? Its 3.5 cubes @ 38Hz carpeted with a flared port
DSC_0124.jpg
Let me know if your interested. I live in Columbus, IN so we could arrange a pickup.
I'd like a new box with a port that's not so high velocity (it's like an inch by a foot, isn't a port that's high velocity bad?) but isn't 3.5 cu feet around 1 cu foot more than recommended? I'm lovin the flared port though, aren't those supposed to give you around a 1 db gain?

Oh, and where'd you get your DD sub from? I couldn't find any dealers in the Indiana area... did you order factory direct or what?

I'd double baffle it. Then again I wouldn't build a box without one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I've been wanting to build my own box, but I'd have to buy all kinds of **** to do it. I have almost no tools.

exactly what i was thinking
Yeah, I gotta double post this because I feel so stupid for that. I typed that topic wrong, wasn't paying attention. And now I can't figure out how to change it to say "ported" rather than "sealed"

lol its cool. I built the box above recommended specs intentionally I talked to a guy and he said it wouldnt hurt it at all. It wouldnt get as good readings on a mic, but you'll get a hell of a lot better output. Flared port is mostly aesthetics, but it does help the airflow and reduction of port noise. I tuned it to 38Hz instead of 40 because I thought it would sound a tad better, and I'm really glad I did so. Let me know if your interested.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.