Onkyo 605/705

Its used for specific universal programmable remotes. The big jump b/w the 705 and 605 isn't that port, but rather the extra hdmi port, +10W per channel, THX select 2 certification and I think a different AutoEQ setup from Audysse...

7.1 would be nice, but not a "must have", I think I will keep an eye out and see if there are any deals on the 705. Having a hard time justifying the extra couple hundred bucks for my use.

7.1 would be nice, but not a "must have", I think I will keep an eye out and see if there are any deals on the 705. Having a hard time justifying the extra couple hundred bucks for my use.
I work at cc, and I gave a guy a deal on a 705 paired with the onlyo DS-A2x iPod dock to match amazon...the receiver came out to be ~$507. Go to a local one, ask if they'll match someone THEY have branded as a competitor (cause they have, and I can prove it to you) and to really stick it to 'em...ask em what they're stock price is sitting at...

I work at cc, and I gave a guy a deal on a 705 paired with the onlyo DS-A2x iPod dock to match amazon...the receiver came out to be ~$507. Go to a local one, ask if they'll match someone THEY have branded as a competitor (cause they have, and I can prove it to you) and to really stick it to 'em...ask em what they're stock price is sitting at...
Anyway you can PM me a ticket number? Just thought I would ask, and I would just have them match it.

I had a tough time getting pricematched by local competitors, price matching online is TOUGH. My local frys sell 605's for 499$ already. Good thing I just bought mines from amazon when it was on sale.

They've branded Fry's and Amazon as competitors. Just ask them to price match it, when they say they don't price match online retailers, reply back with "even one's your corporate headquarters has branded as competitors?" In the background portal we have to access the internet through the POS system, there 2 sets of links; one saying "competitors" and one saying "manufacturers". Fry's and amazon is listed under competitors.

After long discussion with j3bus, I think I will be looking strongly at the 605 or 705 as well. It seems the 605 gets very good reviews. I wish they wouldn't rate at 1kHz though.

circuit city has a 10% off coupon out right now for purchases over $199, the coupon code is:70y44c010211876326. there are a few exclusions, but Onkyo doesn't apply to any of them.

EDIT: Valid from Jan 17-19/Friends & Family

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mikeyboc

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
mikeyboc
Sugar Land, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date