Do you really have to..............

christopher0825
10+ year member

Spend alotta money to get great sound in your car??? I mean, me being a musicians, music is very important to me, and I would like to have an above average system in my car, I would love to pull up at a traffic light and turn it up and have people in the cars around me look at me, I would like to ride down the interstate with my windows down and still be able to hear my music, but do I have to spend an ass load of money??? I'm sooooo confused!!!

Spend alotta money to get great sound in your car??? I mean, me being a musicians, music is very important to me, and I would like to have an above average system in my car, I would love to pull up at a traffic light and turn it up and have people in the cars around me look at me, I would like to ride down the interstate with my windows down and still be able to hear my music, but do I have to spend an ass load of money??? I'm sooooo confused!!!
Well first define alot of money?

Do you want quality sound...or would you rather drive around with your Home theater speakers in your backseat?

Shave a giant L on your head, and drive around naked yelling "Im a little school girl who likes to get fucked".
You'll get all the attention you'll ever want. For free.

Shave a giant L on your head, and drive around naked yelling "Im a little school girl who likes to get fucked".
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

x2

to the OP, you should /yourself. you are the type of child who doesnt need a stereo system. and if you do get one, yes, you need to spend ALOT of money. buy all JL stuff, it will be the best at reaching your goal. and dont buy the crap stuff (W0, W1, W3...), buy the good stuff.

Search, and search and then hmm maybe search some more, check out sites http://www.woofersetc.com http://www.sonicelectronix.com, http://www.onlinecarstereo.com and many others, and before anyone asks, http://www.ficaraudio.com

Just read through the forum and such and I'm sure you will find out plenty.

Oh and YES, you will have to spend a lot of money. Figure around $1,500 for a decent system buying all new stuff you could probabl piece together and decent sounding system for about $500 but stuff adds up quick.

Hoss that's just mean. JL is ridiculously overpriced.

No you don't need to spend a lot. Buy used whenever possible if you're trying to keep costs down. Look for efficient equipment, not equipment with excessive power. Small amps on your interior mids/highs do wonders. They don't need a whole lot of power. A good sub in a good enclosure doesn't need a whole lot of power to satisfy either. Oh, and did I mention to stay away from JL?

I'm really not sure how much to spend, but I want a good sound, I am looking at 5.25 component speakers and an amp for $400 and under and mybe a 12" sub and amp for under $500, but I think what's really killing mu budget is the subwoofer. My 1st sub I ever got was a mtx thunder 5500 off an kenwood amp that was pushing 300 watts max. It sounded good but I was kinda scared to turn it up... so I thin I want between 500-1k watts this time.... but I don't wanna buy something that is just gawd awful....

with that kind of budget you should be fine, and just figure about $50 for wiring. Look into Phoenix Gold RSD components then just find an amp that will feed them about 120-150 watts. should be able to handle that for under $200 if you looked a little, and that will open up a little more for a better substage.

I'm really not sure how much to spend, but I want a good sound, I am looking at 5.25 component speakers and an amp for $400 and under and mybe a 12" sub and amp for under $500, but I think what's really killing mu budget is the subwoofer. My 1st sub I ever got was a mtx thunder 5500 off an kenwood amp that was pushing 300 watts max. It sounded good but I was kinda scared to turn it up... so I thin I want between 500-1k watts this time.... but I don't wanna buy something that is just gawd awful....
That's $900 more than my idea cost.

audioholic has the best idea yet.

if you actually do decide to buy a system, i can give bazooka my highest recommendation. Dual is pretty much top of the line as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.