what ever happend to this sub.

Participant count
  • Participant list

rollerdj
10+ year member

Low End Master
i remember back when i first got in to car audio, clarion had a 32" thunder dome. i allways wanted one, but could never afford it. anybody see or hear one before. how good, or bad, of a sub was it. how does it compair to some of the subs today.

My buddy has one and is looking for a second. Here's pics of it

Clarion.jpg

276clarion32sub.jpg

276soloxsubwooferswithothersubs.jpg

i was wondering if it was a good sub, or more of a flop like.... dare i say, the jackhammer
It is more of a High efficiency woofer than an SPL or something. It is only like 500 or 600watts RMS bu has like a 96db efficiency. It also has an FS of around 18 IIRC.

It is more of a High efficiency woofer than an SPL or something. It is only like 500 or 600watts RMS bu has like a 96db efficiency. It also has an FS of around 18 IIRC.
with that kinda cone area, u wouldn't need to though 1000+ watts at it.

kenwood had a sub like that as well.

they are more of a statement rather than a practical daily driver.

i guess if you are into that grab one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.