Worst car you've installed on?

Ferendon
10+ year member

Proabbly drukn
2007 Dodge Caliber... 4 door locks, and an alarm... little over 9 hours of work, for Nick (mokedaddy) and I. I've never seen a door panel that needed that much **** removed to get a **** door panel off. 26 pieces total (panels/bolts/clips), to get the front ones off, and the rears where almost as bad. And 3 of the 10mm bolts that hold the front ones on, also hold the window sliders in place, so they get loose when you take the panel off. We had a problem with 1 window that popped off track, and just didn't want to stay seated. Had to remove the window from the clips, slide it up, then run the carriers into place to get it seated again. And more unfinished/burred areas than just about any other car I've dealt with. A system would have been easy though... The speaker covers pop right off with no problem. Good luck getting any decent wire through the door jamb boots, they have MAYBE a 3/8" ID.

Ouch.

Crappy Chrysler stuff... I know a guy that's an engineer who worked on that vehicle. I should tell him about your concerns. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

ford taurus... i hate the dash because you have to keep the factory HU
They make kits for them; I installed one and it wasn't much work at all.

As for headunits, so far for me it's been the 01+ civics and 94-01 integras. Those headunits are such a ***** to replace. The civic is scary because you have to apply a ton of force to remove the center area and the plastic will come very close to breaking, even with a large amount of area being used to pry it (ie, not a flat head screw driver).

2004 ford escape, they have those **** clips that hold the trim in and then ones to hole the carpet down too. i had to use 2 pick tools and a pliers to pull the out, and then the door panels arent bad but you always break the female side of the christmas tree faster in the door on the bottoms. and a 97 land rover discovery. dash was a pain for me.

05 caddy CTS, Put a JVC navi Double din unit in it, and there is not room behind there for the wires! It was a ***** to get the 4 channel RCA's, SUB RCA's, and head rest TV rca's! **** ******...Other than that, I think OLD volvo and audi's **** also!

2007 Dodge Caliber... 4 door locks, and an alarm... little over 9 hours of work, for Nick (mokedaddy) and I. I've never seen a door panel that needed that much **** removed to get a **** door panel off. 26 pieces total (panels/bolts/clips), to get the front ones off, and the rears where almost as bad. And 3 of the 10mm bolts that hold the front ones on, also hold the window sliders in place, so they get loose when you take the panel off. We had a problem with 1 window that popped off track, and just didn't want to stay seated. Had to remove the window from the clips, slide it up, then run the carriers into place to get it seated again. And more unfinished/burred areas than just about any other car I've dealt with. A system would have been easy though... The speaker covers pop right off with no problem. Good luck getting any decent wire through the door jamb boots, they have MAYBE a 3/8" ID.
been there done that. kinda stupid some models dont have power locks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

but Iv worked on worst cars..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.