Modded HK4000D's

malic
10+ year member

IM SOOO ICEEEEEEY!!!
okc
I am about to run 4 of them on 4 15" MT's. What's the lowest voltage I can get and be safe with? I don't want to fawk these amps up. I read about one catching fire because of a bad voltage drop //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Of course I am doing BIG upgrades to my electrical BTW.

it was probably me that had the one catch fire. voltage dropped so low my alpine indash screen literally shut off. voltage dropped pretty dam low. it was my fault though for attempting to run it on a stock alt. and battery. i've wised up since then //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

As for how low you can run them...not sure but i'd say no lower then 12-13v just to be safe...

It was your post I read....

I'm not too sure what I'm doing with my electrical so far. I have about 150 foot of 1/0 so far and I'm waiting to get the car before I order an alty. It's hopefully going in a 2000 Denali. What amp alternators should I get? I was looking into getting Batcap 2000's. How many of those?

Thanks

Those amps are current monsters. If you plan on running 4 of them, I would look into a dual 300 amp alt. set up and at least 2-4 extra batteries.

Are you planning on running them on a 16v system?

I talked to Ray at Batcap and he said a SOLID 12 volt system should be fine with dual HO alternators and the Batcap megacap? I wanna say. It's the $1,100 dollar one....

You know these are rated at 17v? You are not gonna be getting 4000w if you are only gonna be running at 12v. And at 1ohm you will definitely need dual alts. to keep voltage up.

I talked to Ray at Batcap and he said a SOLID 12 volt system should be fine with dual HO alternators and the Batcap megacap? I wanna say. It's the $1,100 dollar one....
ummmm....just the one 16volt Batcap150?

no way

That's what he said. I'm not sure what to do.... At this point I'm thinking of just two MT's instaed of 4...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

malic

10+ year member
IM SOOO ICEEEEEEY!!!
malic
okc
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date