Single cab sub suggestions please

Participant count
  • Participants list

young_gun
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Alabama
Yep, sorry, another "what kind of sub(s) should I get" thread. Lol, ok so lets cut the crap and get to the business. I'm looking to spend $200-260ish for the sub stage. I have at the most 3ft^3 of airspace to play with before port and sub displacement. Amp will be either a Brutus 1600 or 2000, depends on what power I need for substage. Im open for any sizes, my last setup was 4 Assassin 8's that did mid 140's on the mic, so im looking for something louder than that. Whatever will work best in that airspace. As said it will be behind the bench seat of a single cab truck, I want a daily wanger, something I can take to the shows and pull decent numbers but play daily and enjoy as well. Not looking for a fart sub. I've heard about the ICON's and I've also looked at the new Assassins, fi Q's (or BLs), or some DD 1008's. But those were just what I've seen alot, I havent read up on the new subs this year at all, so Im just looking for a good starting point. Any helpful input is appreciated thanks!

i got a single cab dodge ram 1500 1996, and i got 2 12" SI BM's downfired with two 2.5cf boxes ported with soon 2 be a PA3000D amp

i got a single cab dodge ram 1500 1996, and i got 2 12" SI BM's downfired with two 2.5cf boxes ported with soon 2 be a PA3000D amp
How does it sound? I dont have room for a downfiring setup, only a traditional wedge

Do a blowthrough.. Ive always wanted a single cab truck for that sole reason. lol
I dont have funds or time to do a blowthrough,lol. I know what I wanna do here guys, just a wedge box behind the seat. Im thinking I can build another box and get possibly 4-maybe 5cubes out of it. Im just looking for sub recommendations here.

Any of the subs you mentioned would be awesome.. So, pick them and build the wedge, no ?
Well theres so many options past what I mentioned. Im just looking for someone elses opinion on subs that they've ran in a truck, or someone thats used one of the ones I mentioned before I just go consumer happy and buy something,lmao.

Im still looking for some sub suggestions so far only one guy has actually suggested a sub. Btw, after crunching some numbers I can actually get 4 CUBES out of a box behind the seat (wow) so yea, any suggestions for subs for that airspace?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.