How to setup a Ipod for system use

TypeR0149
10+ year member

Medical School Dropout
naples FL
i have ripped all my CD's into Itunes, and downloaded about 200 songs threw iTunes. whats the best way to setup my iPod or my Avic Z2 for best possible performance,

also do you get all the subsonic frequancys the same from a ipod as you do on a CD.

also I have to buy a new iPod. whats the best ipod to get. with storage not being a issue(i dont care if it is 8gb or 30gb) im looking for audio quality

Check out the Sendstation Pocketdock. It plugs into the data plug on an ipod and provides a line out to plug into your system. The line out provides a far better signal over using the headphone jack on the ipod.

I keep all my songs in the MP3 format. Nothing I own is below 192kbps and most is at 320kbps. Anything below 192kbps and I can definitely hear degradation in the music quality. Some songs are more sensitive. I noticed a few CD's sounded a LOT better at 256kbps than they did at 192kbps. Others didn't show much of a difference.

The most important thing is tagging and labeling your music. You'll find that out when you're trying to drive and you have scroll through 30Gigs of music to find one song.

PS: Buy the Pioneer Ipod adapter. It's worth 50 bucks IMHO

i did lossless but **** 1024kbps thats too much, whats the best besides that, can i tell a differance between 1024 and 354

i did lossless but **** 1024kbps thats too much, whats the best besides that, can i tell a differance between 1024 and 354
I think that 320 is the next step below lossless. The lossless takes up a lot of space, but it sounds as good as the cd to me.

Since the whole idea of the iPod was to take tons music with me in my car I had to be honest with myself: Sure, if I strain to listen I can tell the difference. But in my car, rolling, driving, steering, etc...I'll never notice, ever. 256-320 will suffice for most people.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.