10+ year member

Super Pimp VIP Member
IMG_6429%20(Small).JPG

IMG_6430%20(Small).JPG

IMG_6434%20(Small).JPG

IMG_6444%20(Small).JPG

IMG_6700%20(Small).jpg

IMG_6701%20(Small).jpg

I purchased this car from a local guy in 2002. The car had been stolen from him and more or less stripped. I have since completely rebuilt this vehicle. The car has a new engine, transmission, rear end, paint, wheels, etc.

The car has gone 11.0 seconds in the quarter mile at 124 mph with a 100hp shot of nitrous. We tried to make a pass with a 250hp unit but the tires spun like the pavement was wet! I never had another chance to re-tune and make any more passes with the 250hp unit, but with proper traction this car will make low 10 second passes with ease. The car also runs mid 11 second quarter mile times on the motor alone… Plenty fast for the street. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The car is a blast to drive on the street! You can pretty much mop the floor with anyone you’ll run into. Quite a few Vettes, Mustangs, Exotics and tons of imports have regretted revving their engines at this car. Remember that this isn't a Cadillac though. Please don’t expect a perfectly smooth and quiet ride from this beast. This car is all about muscle. It’s loud, fast, and turns heads wherever you go!

This car has only been entered into one car show since it was built. This was the 2005 Las Vegas F-Body Invasion. The car won FIRST PLACE for best 3rd Generation Camaro/Firebird.

This car has no heater. If you'll notice in the pics that the passenger's firewall no longer contains the heater box. It was removed and discarded. This car wasn't built for long trips through the snow. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Engine:

Chevy Small Block 408

400SBC with a .040” overbore

Stock GM crankshaft 3.75” stroke

Oliver 6” connecting rods

Probe SRS forged pistons – 11.5:1 CR Flat top

Total Seal Max-Seal rings

World Products – Dart series cylinder heads 2.05/1.60

Herbert Racing Cams solid roller camshaft 260/270@0.050" .613/.618" lift 108 lsa

Hardened pushrods

Scorpion 1.6 ratio roller rocker arms

Edelbrock Victor Jr. single plane intake manifold

Holley 4779-5 Double Pumper w/ milled choke horn

MSD 6AL Ignition

MSD Three Step

Mallory billet distributor

Melling HV oil pump

Clevite H series bearings

ARP bolts throughout

Fel-Pro performance series BLUE gaskets throughout

Trans:

Chevy Th350

Hardened Sprag

Trans-Go manual valve body

Rear:

Currie Ford 9”

3.90 gears

31 spline axles

Tires:

Front - Yokohama YK420

185/65/15

Rear - Mickey Thompson ET Street

28x12.50x15

Wheels:

Weld Draglite

Exterior:

Chevrolet 1991-1992 Camaro Z28 ground effects

Glasstek 4” bolt on cowl hood

Custom White w/ Yellow paint

5% window tint

Other:

NOS Cheater plate system w/ purge

Dual3” exhaust

Flowmaster 40 series mufflers

Griffin aluminum radiator

Be-Cool dual electric cooling fans

Weiland Action-Plus aluminum water pump

Holley Volumax 250gph fuel pump

Holley Blue fuel pump – nitrous system only

RCI 1 gallon fuel cell

Hooker Super Comp 2210 headers w/ Jet Hot 2000 coating

March billet brackets

March pulley system

Comp Cams 2 piece timing cover

Jeg’s Saginaw power steering pump

HO-Alternators 200 amp alternator

CVR high torque starter

PEP SFI steel balancer

PEP SFI flexplate

Steel braided AN lines and fittings

B&M Megashifter

I made a couple of video clips so that you can hear/see the car crank and run. Click Here or Here to hear it. The clips don't even come close to doing the sound of this car any justice. The car is very loud and literally shakes you from its vibration.

Vehicle Condition

Interior:

The interior is in very good shape for a car of it's age. It is mostly all original except for the steering wheel and seats. There are no large stains or worn spots. It's hard to find a third generation Camaro with interior this nice.

Exterior:

The paint looks VERY good. There are a few small spots here and there but the paint is in very good overall condition. The paint is very smooth and has a very high shine to it. I spent over $3,000 on the paint alone. The original Iroc body styling was ditched and all of the ground effects, bumper cover, and wing were swapped out for the 1991-1992 style. The hood is a Glasstek 4" bolt on cowl hood. The glass has no cracks. All of the exterior rubber has been replaced as well. The car has clear front corner lights and rear blackouts.

Mechanical:

The car starts and runs very well. It drives great. There are no weird knocks pings or other noises (Although the fuel pump is pretty loud :p). The car cranks with ~60psi of oil pressure and once warmed up idles at ~20lbs. The car runs ~170 degrees even here in Las Vegas. I use Rotella T 30w oil in the engine.

The engine produces ~650hp and ~550ft lb of torque! The nitrous system is also adjustable from 100-250hp. This car is capable of 900hp or more!

Known Issues:

The transmission pan gasket leaks. I already have a new replacement pan but just never had the time to replace it.

The speedometer does not work. I was told that there was no gear in the rear of the transmission to drive it. I never worried with it.

There is no headliner in the car.

The dash pad has a few cracks in it.

The paint on the front lower spoiler has some cracks in it from scraping on my trailer ramp.

The t-tops are made of lexan (not glass). Lexan t-tops are known for looking bad after a while and these are no exception to the rule.

I have a LOT more high resolution photos of the car. Please email me if you would like pics of anything in particular.

I have tried my very best to accurately describe this vehicle, but I am only human. If you have any reservations or questions about anything regarding this vehicle just ask. I will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

The car is also on Ebay right now. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160137124852&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=006

Asking $11,000

thats one of the nicest looking 3rd gens ive seen ever. i bet you will could get a seller easier if you put an RE dustcap somewhere though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif lol

thats one of the nicest looking 3rd gens ive seen ever. i bet you will could get a seller easier if you put an RE dustcap somewhere though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif lol
Agreed

I've always liked just the 93' and up F-bodys but I have to give it to you. That is the nicest 3g i've seen. And 11 seconds thats crazy. They will not even let you into the track here with a 11 second car without a cage.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/drool.gif.b5e863e893038027711d4402f340dad0.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/boink.gif.91933e72f927f2cefc79aff02573090c.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/phatyo.gif.0c0e21b4fcf7bc51bc9a8375a5ca4d49.gif

I love that car, you have done a very good job restoring it. If I had the money I would buy it in a heart beat, but we are looking for a house now so toys will have to come later on down the road.

Good luck with the sale, Im sure someone will give it a good home. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

3rd gen's 4 Life:cool: It's prob. tied in 2nd for the nicest 3rd gen. i've seen and i have seen a lot used to have a 89' trans-am gunmetal grey, my father has a 02' trans-am with ram-air and he's always had a tran's. I plan on getting another 3rd gen and either restore it or make it into a drag car. Go onto thirdgen.org and you'll find a lot of nice ones the #1 I'l have to say though was this camaro with candy red paint, tints, around 400hp plus nos, shaved door handles, fiberglass system, full air-ride bags, on 19" boyd 5 spokes it was just the cleanest sickest car anyone can ever see. Sorrey I'm kind of a fanatic

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

TeamPSI

10+ year member
Super Pimp VIP Member
TeamPSI
Pink Star Industries
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies