Viper alarm, how to determine model?

Participant count
  • Participants list

tRidiot
10+ year member

Perpetually dissatisfied
OK
I got a cheap alarm installed at Best Buy a couple of years ago. I know it's a Viper, and it has those plain-Jane 3-button remotes.

I can access the brain all too easily (lazy-ass installer), so I'll likely be moving that, adding some piezos and a backup battery, but I'd really like to add a remote start. I need to find out what the model is so I can then determine which (if any) remote starts will work with it.

Any suggestions? Is it just written on the brain? I've never really crawled in there to look, but if it's that easy, then that'll be cool. Then I'll need to figure out where to go from there, once I get the model number.

Tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

it is probly gonna be the 350hv alarm. but it should say on the front of the brain. for a remote start you should pick up the valet 561t remote start add on. i added one to my python 460hp. it worked ok, only issues with it was that when you remote start the car it doesnt bypass the shock sensor. i would suggest picking up a alarm/remote start combo, that way everything works as one.

Yes, but the problem with that is that I need to install the whole setup. I figured a simple add-on remote start wouldn't be too tough, but I've never installed a whole alarm setup before.

Dang.... who knows.

Just looked, all it says is "Viper" on the face of the brain. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Man all that wiring in there looks like a major PITA to re-do. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

that hard part is done with the alarm hooked up a matter of cutting the old wiring and spliceing the new alarm wires to it then hooking up the remote start. i would do it in a hardbeat for you if i was close.

Well, that's nice... up until 6 months ago, I lived pretty close to you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Splicing and such I can do. Some solder and heatshrink, and it'll be a nice job. I'll also probably extend the wiring to hide the brain in a better location, too.

About the shock sensor and the non-disabling of the alarm with the add-on remote start module... how bad of a problem is this? I mean I NEVER leave my stereo on, stock exhaust and my 4-banger 240sx engine isn't a huge vibrating machine... I'm thinking it might be just fine for me without setting off the alarm. I could adjust the shock sensor to be less sensitive, of course, and it doesn't seem to be too sensitive now.

I think it might be worth a shot, since it's like $60 on Egay... and it's a pretty easy add-on. If it doesn't work out well, then I'm really not out all that much, I don't think.

well then you shouldnt have a problem with the shock sensor going off. i did becuase of the stereo, and performance exhaust. it is ok to install. now is your car a auto or manual? and what year is it. that way i can tell you more.

What's the diff between the 561r and the 561t? Interested in selling the module?

My car is a 1992 Nissan 240sx automatic. I think it's a 2.4L DOHC.

561r is the remote start keyless entry the one CC always has on sale in the winter. the 561t is the remote start addon for alarms, keyless entrys or even a stock system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.