i need some SQL comps

uzy
10+ year member

O
hey

im looking for some comps that will go well with a RE SX, i dont know if i need to look for SQ or what in these comps, most people recomend some comps but are for pure SQ and wouldnt do well with a RE SX which isnt for the SQ.

Anyways i need some 6.5inch loud comps, and i have 250rms to give them, i was thinking of getting some Rainbow Germaniums or maybe a set of MB quarts since they are going to give loudness

anyone got any better suggestions that will work well with my system

Price range? If you want extremely loud horns are the way to go if you feel like going through a little trouble mounting them. Other than that Morel, Dyn, of course the PG made by Morel, and I also believe that Cadence has a model similar to the dyn's. Same specs and everything.

Price range? If you want extremely loud horns are the way to go if you feel like going through a little trouble mounting them. Other than that Morel, Dyn, of course the PG made by Morel, and I also believe that Cadence has a model similar to the dyn's. Same specs and everything.
Yeah, the CVL's from Cadence seem to be the same thing. I know the CVL's can be had for $200 shipped brand new with warranty, so that is a good way to go to save money.

But so far all the components here look to be monsters.

hmmm i think im going to have to buy some focals then, are the Mb quarts or rainbow germaniums not up to the task, as im realy looking for some audiophiles comps. i want to be half audiophiles half street basser lol im not sure if it will work, but since im a newbie to car audio i havent heard many sets of comps and i doubt i will be able to hear a set before i buy so i need some suggestions on what to buy the focals are a good suggestion but i need more so i can keep my options open

How much do those other components cost mentioned in this thread?

I paid $210 for my CVL's and am wondering if I got a good deal. I know they sound great and get crazy loud, so quality wise they are probably on par with the components mentioned.

Yeah, the CVL's from Cadence seem to be the same thing. I know the CVL's can be had for $200 shipped brand new with warranty, so that is a good way to go to save money.
But so far all the components here look to be monsters.
The CVL's are actually manufactured in china and just look like the dyn audio drivers. By no means are they even close to them speakers.

The CVL's are actually manufactured in china and just look like the dyn audio drivers. By no means are they even close to them speakers.
I own the CVL's and they seem great to me. But I am just wondering if $210 shipped was a good deal or not. Most components with similiar specs seem to sell for $300 plus, so I think I got a good deal. But I haven't worked with any other components so I am unsure of what is out there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.