Free Time = Build Time :WOOT:

James Bang
5,000+ posts

Hand/Ear Coordination
^
well i haven't build anything in a while. This is about the only free time i'll have until summer quarter starts.

time to play w/ some boxes. One will be for 2 IDQ 15" sealed

and one will be for 1 iDmax12. 2.7 cuft @28-29 hz

here's some pics. enjoy:

Image002.jpg

Image001.jpg

Image003.jpg

Image000.jpg

Image005.jpg

Image007.jpg

Image008.jpg

Image010.jpg

a lil more.

Image011.jpg

Image012.jpg

Image013.jpg

Image014.jpg

Image015.jpg

Image016.jpg

sorry for the bad quality phone cam pics. My digi-cam is being repaired.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

i hope they sound great w/ it's all done. especially the port, since it's my own design and i am still learning.

nice and clean. What do you plan to do with them?
Thanks guys. The one port for the idmax is just for fun. I never got to hear it with a box of this spec. The one for the 2 idq15s may be what i'll be using in the long run until i finally get into an IB install. that might be awhile though. so these both are basically temps.

congrats on the first box BJ the man.

a little mishap happened today and the sealed idq box took a little fall from the workbench. Should be able to be fixed with a roundover bit.

I should have more pics up tomorrow after i use a paneling and roundover bit. also some sanding. I may just leave the port non-sanded and ugly since it's already in my trunk for a little audition.

i'm hoping my design is even correct. it does sound much smoother than my last box (2.5@32hz w/ a 4" round port) maybe someone can do some checking.

external dimensions: 16" tall x 36" wide x 15.5" deep

2.7 @ ~28.5hz

port: 2.75" x 14.5"

port length: 44.25"

this is the first box design i actually built other than sealed boxes. i'm really hoping in got this right.

The box is:

Net Volume: 2.75 cu/ft

Tuning Freq: 28.00 Hz

not counting sub displacement. so your pretty much dead on.

The box is:
Net Volume: 2.75 cu/ft

Tuning Freq: 28.00 Hz

not counting sub displacement. so your pretty much dead on.
Thanks a lot for the checking.

these builds got me a little hyped to build some more, but too bad my hand is messed up from a fight right now... so doing the finishing touches on the box might be a little painful.

If your ever interested in trading those 15s for a pair of 12 IDQs, let me know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Nice enclosures...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.