Eclipse deck + Ipod crazy question HELP plz!

Participant count
  • Participant list

LoudCrownVic
5,000+ posts

1/1 of Team Team Team
Hey

Got an eclipse CD8454 and a CD5423 (in diff cars) I want to be able to hook an Ipod to them...

I was told by a guy at Breast Buy that there are adapters that go through the cd changer sockets... Do these exist or am I out of luck hooking an Ipod to them? Neither have audio in cords but both seem to have AUX type functions.

Thanks a million, gotta go on some monster roadtrips soon iPod use would be choice!

Not sure about the cd changer adapter but for a quick fix just pick up an auxiliary cable at Radioshack. Theyre like $6 for a 6' cable. Its a cable with a headphone jack at each end. Plug one into your iPod and the other into the AUX input on the h/u. Then set your h/u to AUX mode. You can only use the iPod controls to select music, etc.

It may depend on whether you have Sirius or not. The reason that I say that is that I called Eclipse about hooking up my 5425 using the aux adaptor. the guy asked if I had Sirius, when I said yes then he said I would have to go through the CD changer connection and that I would not be able to view the song info.

I don't know if that helped or muddied the waters more, but you can call Eclipse and they will walk you through it.

THere are no aux inputs on either deck.

I tried every input on the deck to see if I could find one and none of them work. Just short of poking wires into the cd changer sockets. I am talking to eclipse but all I can get out of their online tech support so far is basic info... Seeing in anyone knew the awnser on here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.