Sign in to follow this  
LoudCrownVic

Eclipse deck + Ipod crazy question HELP plz!

Hey

Got an eclipse CD8454 and a CD5423 (in diff cars) I want to be able to hook an Ipod to them...

I was told by a guy at Breast Buy that there are adapters that go through the cd changer sockets... Do these exist or am I out of luck hooking an Ipod to them? Neither have audio in cords but both seem to have AUX type functions.

Thanks a million, gotta go on some monster roadtrips soon iPod use would be choice!

I com to lern bout car awww-deeeee-ohhhhhs!

Truck: 1998 Ford Ranger SC 2.5L 4 cyl 5 spd

Mods- 195/60R15 Cooper Cobra Tires on stock rims

System: HU- Eclipse CD8454, 2 Dayton RS180 7" midbass, Optimus 3" Horn Tweets hotglued to the dash, 3 12" JL W6v1's downfiring sealed, PPI PCX2200 @ 4 ohms, Alpine MRV-F545 mids and highs, 2 layers of Raamat on the doors.

What's in Store:

2 more Dayton RS180 7" midbass, 2 Bolender Grabender Neo planar tweets

Not sure about the cd changer adapter but for a quick fix just pick up an auxiliary cable at Radioshack. Theyre like $6 for a 6' cable. Its a cable with a headphone jack at each end. Plug one into your iPod and the other into the AUX input on the h/u. Then set your h/u to AUX mode. You can only use the iPod controls to select music, etc.

collage.gif

330i

Eclipse | Dynaudio | Zapco | RE

refs

3.5Max6spd, 6spdcoupe, nismos14, Drunkship, lost1700, spike_e, rcnshoe, djdilliodon, Flossinon24S, lslugz, kinglowlife, blazeplacid

It may depend on whether you have Sirius or not. The reason that I say that is that I called Eclipse about hooking up my 5425 using the aux adaptor. the guy asked if I had Sirius, when I said yes then he said I would have to go through the CD changer connection and that I would not be able to view the song info.

I don't know if that helped or muddied the waters more, but you can call Eclipse and they will walk you through it.

crunk.png

THere are no aux inputs on either deck.

I tried every input on the deck to see if I could find one and none of them work. Just short of poking wires into the cd changer sockets. I am talking to eclipse but all I can get out of their online tech support so far is basic info... Seeing in anyone knew the awnser on here.

System: HU- Eclipse CD8454, 2 Dayton RS180 7" midbass, Optimus 3" Horn Tweets hotglued to the dash, 3 12" JL W6v1's downfiring sealed, PPI PCX2200 @ 4 ohms, Alpine MRV-F545 mids and highs, 2 layers of Raamat on the doors.

What's in Store:

What's in Store:

Will that work with a 5423?? If this is your answer you may want to check with Circuit City. I just bought that for a CD5000 and they had them for $35.

crunk.png

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this