Ever go to the drive in theater with your subwoofers?

45auto
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I went last night to go see Oceans Thirteen and the drive in movies, and it was fun to feel the explosions and stuff, and the earthquake scene was amazing, I feel like I contributed to the theater experience for everybody at the drive in with the bass reproduction in the film...

Have any of you guys ever done this?

No, I was drunk and high last night, so I wouldn't dare drive out there, I just drove around the corner to the ol crappy one on Harlem Road across from the cemetery.

I went last night to go see Oceans Thirteen and the drive in movies, and it was fun to feel the explosions and stuff, and the earthquake scene was amazing, I feel like I contributed to the theater experience for everybody at the drive in with the bass reproduction in the film...
No.

But I've been to a drive-in when a guy in the row behind me thought he was cool leaving his subs on throughout the entire movie. Pissed me off to no end listening to his crappy subs and car rattling when I'm trying to enjoy the movie.

Also laughed my ass off when he couldn't start his car after the movie and no one would give him a jump //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

iv been to a drive in theater. and well i happend to have a system installed.

so i guess that counts.

but its not like i take subwoofers on a date to a drive in theater

Also laughed my ass off when he couldn't start his car after the movie and no one would give him a jump //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
That's what I would think would happen after watching a 90-120 minute movie with your big car stereo...

last time i was at a drive in they just used a little speaker box in the window, what do they use now? maybe tune to a certain frequency on your radio?

how much power are you using?

you tune your radio to their broadcast. I have enough wire to put my 8's in the back of my truck, and then I leave the windows down and we sit in lawn chairs in the back and around my truck. I've gotten a few dirty looks, but I don't crank it and there are no annoying rattles. My shitty battery lasted through a double feature, but that's with about 100 watts between the two subs. Like I said, I didn't want to have them rattle. All I wanted was the little extra bass.

last time i was at a drive in they just used a little speaker box in the window, what do they use now? maybe tune to a certain frequency on your radio?
Yup.

They broadcast on one of the frequencies in the lower FM band.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.