finally have my box built...now what?

Participant count
  • Participants list
~ 18oz's per cubic foot...wont hurt anything...just keep it away from the cone.

You can find it at WalMart...something like 3lbs for less than 5 bucks I think.

- Steve

Originally posted by hargenoff it is 1 12inch sub and it is a sealed box....and the box is 14L x 14W x 14H made of mdf
...what kind of sub? If the sub doesn't need the extra volume that polyfill will artificially supply, why use it? I guess you can experiment with it and see how it sounds with it in, it'll just get deeper.

it is a soundstream 12 sub. so if i get the stuff do i just put as much polyfil as i can in the box? What do you mean when you say stay away from the cone?

Originally posted by hargenoff it is a soundstream 12 sub. so if i get the stuff do i just put as much polyfil as i can in the box? What do you mean when you say stay away from the cone?
I told you how much to put in already...read above;)

Keep the polyfill away from the cone of the subwoofer...put it in like the bottom of the box, or the sides, or the top...just make sure the polyfill isnt near the cone itself.

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.