Subwoofer sq sutup

civic si
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
stp mn
Well i like sound quality better then going all out....well i was wondering what 12" Subwoofer would be capable of handling 1000 watts rms? Well it has to be the best quality Subwoofers for a sq setup.. I was thinking about some Orion HCCA, Alpine Type R, X, Re subs, Fi Subs, Mmats, Massive, Memphis etc. well if you got any good Subwoofers in mind. please let me know. I was looking to spend at lease 250 on each sub...i was looking for 2 12" subs. (Model Numbers and Brand Names)

Well i like sound quality better then going all out....well i was wondering what 12" Subwoofer would be capable of handling 1000 watts rms? Well it has to be the best quality Subwoofers for a sq setup.. I was thinking about some Orion HCCA, Alpine Type R, X, Re subs, Fi Subs, Mmats, Massive, Memphis etc. well if you got any good Subwoofers in mind. please let me know. I was looking to spend at lease 250 on each sub...i was looking for 2 12" subs. (Model Numbers and Brand Names)
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif sounds like you have enough to me baller

Pioneer Premier TSW-3004SPL's. It has a low Fs: 26.2 Hz, low Vas: 1.324ft^3 and Qts: .32. It handles 1000rms, 3000max and you can find them cheaper than their original retail which i think was about 230$. The manufacturers frequency response is given at 18-700Hz with sensitivity of 89db. The xmax is 11.176mm or .44", respectable number but not the greatest like a W7 or anything. I ran two in a dual 1 1/2 foot sealed box with polyfill. This sub surprized me with low end extension, especially now that I am running a single one in a 3cub sealed box.

A few suggestions:

http://www.tcsounds.com/tc9.htm

(these might be a little to light power wise?)

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=35

(Same as above)

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=SWR-1242D

Or maybe something from ascendant audio once their new line up comes out.

The TC Sounds 10oem may be an option for you too (even though its not a 12 like you were asking about)...takes between 800 to 1000 watts rms, SQ is rumored to be good...only 175 shipped.

i have a set of 12 alpine type r's well....i like the tc sounds subs....they look nice well they are made for a small box right? well i would like to know if anyone got any...they look good for the price...

Peerless XLS or Dayton Reference High Fidelity (if you can fit a big sealed box) or High Output (smaller box) are phenomenal drivers. They are extremely low distortion, but sacrifice some xmax for increased fidelity. In that case, just buy multiple drivers!

I would also recommend going with the largest driver you can fit, (for a given driver) less excursion translates into less distortion.

I just picked up 2 Massive 12 inch CWs and they sound awsome. Each one is powerd by its own Kicker ZX750.1. I went from 2 15 inch L7s to theese and im lovin it. They sound so much better, and still get loud as a mouther!!!

well does anyone have any on sale here on car audio? any tc-9 subs? 12"

tc sound sells it for $215 shipped to the 48 states of United States.

I love my 2 12" Fi Q's. I compete in IASCA SQ and the judges so far agree. First show scored 16 points out of 20. More tuning and they will score better, can't beat the price though. What i dont understand is everyone sooo concerned about a driver that plays such a small portion of the audio spectrum.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.