when to adjust crank time

Participant count
  • Participant list

THUNDERBIRD
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
LANSING, MI
so i just installed a hornet 564t alarm/rs in my buddies 96 ram (he thinks it is a 97 but all the wires match a 96 on the tech sheet). he previously had a horney 553t alarm/rs installed in it but the brain broke on it and it was cheaper for me to order him a new one and install it than drive 1.5 hours to detroit to have it attempted to be warrentied out but it was 4-5 years old. so anyways. got it installed just connected all the wires to the oldwires. had to install a mercury switch and the tach as the previous installer never did that. anyways worked great after i installed it, now today i was with him and wanted to check it all out to make sure everything worked great and to adjust the shock sensor up. so i go to rs it and it cranks and doesnt start. it will crank for a split sencond probly 0.6 which if factory set. i guess it will start after 2 or 3 attempts. so after all that my question is do i have to adjust the crank time up to 0.8 or 1 or 1.2 to get it to start right? i was thinking about doing it today but weather was crappy so i thought i would ask before i do it. also installed the siren from the new one under the dash for fun.

just an FYI on the year issue.... If the 10th digit of the vin is a "T" it is a 96. A "V" is a 97.

well i relearned the tach tonight then tried to rs it, it cranked then stoped then about 20 seconds later it cranked again and it started. then i stopped playing with it as he was leaving.

yes it is, yes it lights solid, i went to one of the uncommon colors at the fuel injector, and yes it did function correctly. i had a murph over at sounddomain tell me to try changing the tach jumpers, he said he has had to do it on a few dodge trucks. i had the issue on my dads caddy and it was because second starter wasnt hooked up after that it worked(not working at the moment dotn know y nor do i care at the moment)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.