Latina33

Components that can take 200W X2 for $200-$250?

Rainbow SLC 265. PM 6spcoupe and PremierAudio.... they're both authorized dealers and will cut you a deal.

2011 Kia Optima EX

Factory HU + Speakers

Planning:

Front Comps - Blaupunkt Vc660 (active) | Sub - Infinity Kappa 800w IB | 5ch Amp - still deciding

References

Bought from: jacobcopeland87, 95bat, alxmlr789, na_rsx

With that much power in that budget on a 2 way setup there really isnt a set that can do it. Most sets in that price range either the xover or the speakers wont be able to take that kind of power unless of course you baby them by keeping the gains low. With the 4ch amp you have i would consider taking full advantage of those ch. and go active :)

MIDBASS ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With that much power in that budget on a 2 way setup there really isnt a set that can do it. Most sets in that price range either the xover or the speakers wont be able to take that kind of power unless of course you baby them by keeping the gains low. With the 4ch amp you have i would consider taking full advantage of those ch. and go active :)

last i checked, the idea was to keep the gains as low as possible :) i'd much rather have three times the power that i actually need, than just enough to get by.

but i would also recommend going active. it will give you a lot more control and flexibility over the overall sound.

last i checked, the idea was to keep the gains as low as possible :) i'd much rather have three times the power that i actually need, than just enough to get by.

but i would also recommend going active. it will give you a lot more control and flexibility over the overall sound.

Oh i totally agree! Lower gain setting cleaner the sound with power to spare. I should of added that in my post but it was late and i was tired :( Ive been slipping lately lol.

MIDBASS ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

mbq PCEs... mine didnt wake up till I gave em 200w :D

2007 Red Ford Focus ZX4 SE

- Clarion DXZ955MC -

- MB Quart RSD216 - 2 MB Quart RWE-354 in 4 cubic feet sealed -

- MB Quart DSC4125 - Audiopipe AP1500.1D - Optima Blue Top -

Team High Sexage

Alpine Type-X.

Ran em every day for about a year on my LP 2.2HV, which was anywhere from 200-250 watts rms.

- Alpine CDA-9887 - AudioControl DQS - Linear Power 652I - B&G Neo3 - Clarion DPX 2251 - Vifa XT18 - Clarion DPX 1851 - Alpine SWX-1243D -

boston acoustic pro60's apparently take as much power as possible and are still crystal clear at any gain.

DLS MS6, Rainbow SLC265

COMING SOON audioque, sundown, ID etc...

REFS:

nikuk|Seth350|Beat_Dominator|mr loki|Bartak1|guy022077|

94CamryBumpin|sacscards|bigbass032|TeamPSI x2|6spdcoupe|ricoshay|

pwnt by pat|the_flatlander|violentrapture|zachzchw|

skmfkr1|404|baseballfan698|havingfun|giantgloworm|coolcalico|amermuscle15|

allenzo|Macxx Down|mindless|MillzThaYungin|Dkguitarist|Violence.|sku|ktraughb|

mackin13|punxworm|Stalephotograph|Reson8|JessAlba452|tweet02|Pickup1|whitemax|

_PuNiShEr_|Grassroots

EBAY: the-mad-3bayer

hey latina, you need to find a different avatar. You got good taste though.:laugh:

but back on topic, i agree with jordan. I just installed my PCE-216's today I got 150w going to each and they freakin scream. Absolutely crystal clear and loud as hell. I couldnt be happier.

H.U- Alpine IVA-D310

clarion EQS746 EQ

Front stage- PPI 356CS

Front amp- Exile S400.4

Sub-

Sub amp-

NSB100

REFS :pimpedout97x,Mike Dressure(x3),hc3_cuz,keefy248,seagrasser,Gammey4,phillipcyoung,Hawaiian5(x2),Dumpin Treos,delvryboy, xtremebassjunky,All_Rice,AgEnT,96MaxGLE,kurtdirt1, Louisiana_CRX,wu501,REDLINEZ33,vxboi,mrogowski,Zeuslicious,LazyRider

you have to admit the equalizers do seem to make 1 watt sound like 2 (1000 watts from a jl sounds way louder than 1000 from an alpine or rockford or many other brands)

The Rainbow SLC 265's can take 200w each? I thought they were like 140w max?

The Rainbow SLC 265's can take 200w each? I thought they were like 140w max?

Yep, so far so good with 200w a side. They're about the most detailed set of components I've heard to date...and I've heard quite a few Focals, owned Crystal SSCS6 components, and heard Bostons, Polk Momo's, etc.

I've got 200w bridged going to my Rainbows, but my gains ARE adjusted down pretty low. There's no way I can adjust them up halfway on my 265 Kicks.

Refs: jacka, PremierAudio, BoondockSaints, mlstrass, flava30

The rsds will handle that power just fine..

The gain is set around 750 right now. I need to get together with my buddy and plug his stethoscope in to set it to 1000.

Start fcking one of the guys in the ass to make her jealous :confused:

Here is a set of the most insane comps i have ever heard or seen, they take 300 watts rms

Older P.G Elite's

http://woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuse...roduct_ID=1236

The elites like more power than he has to offer, are out of his price range. Great set though. I have a pair:yumyum:

The gain is set around 750 right now. I need to get together with my buddy and plug his stethoscope in to set it to 1000.

Start fcking one of the guys in the ass to make her jealous :confused:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now